More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by EthanRave EthanRave

Who is in danger?

A disgraced knight who chose a rather bloody new career

Azar had been a rather promising dame at the time. She was nimble and quick, being a competent fighter and even possessing minor magical abilities to help offset her weaker physique when compared to the male knights. She had worked hard, trained harder and studied as much as she could. So then why would one with such promise, be exiled to a remote village? The answer was simple. Azar wasn't a chivalrous knight, she was a blood knight.

She loved to fight, no she craved it. When it came to combat, the only honor she'd give her opponents was to never hold back. There was no such thing as a cheap shot to her, or a low blow. Whenever she fought, she fought to win, by any means necessary. Her mind would become laser focused and she'd care for nothing else.

That wasn't good for a knight of the kingdom. Her impulsiveness had gotten her involved in more fights, when she should have been stopping them. If she had to chase down a thief, the damages she might have caused during the chase would have been far more than the cost of what was stolen. Such a reckless individual could not be entrusted to stay in the kingdom where she might be more trouble than she was worth.

However, that didn't mean she couldn't be placed elsewhere. Several of the captains had decided that a suspension of duties would be in order. She would be to take leave in order to work out her issues before returning. It was probably the politest way of saying, 'get out and don't come back till you change your attitude,' unfortunately though, it didn't stop there, not with Azar.

The young woman had been furious with her treatment, never understanding the true reason why she was ousted. To say the village didn't have second doubts about her as a protector would have been an understatement. She had gone on a warpath cleaning up the area around the village. Any bandits she found were beaten into submission and thrown in jail, any monsters were slotted and gutted, and animals...well...those who picked fights were killed in action, while those who were smart and kept a distance managed to avoid her wrath.

All in all the village had been both safer, and also more terrified at the same time. Yet even when she cleared it, her bloodlust didn't quite end. Azar's warpath had brought peace to the village, her fury had calmed the world around her, and her desire to run head first into danger kept everyone safe. However, it wasn't enough, she wanted to keep going, to fight some more and get the joys of killing an opponent out of her system.

The knights had abandoned her, in all but name. They didn't want her, they wanted to control her, but they couldn't. Even now it was showing, no knight had come to the village in months. Azar, as far as most were concerned, was still the only knight appointed to guard the village, if only in name. However as the days had passed, she discarded the disgraced name of a night, in its place she took a more befitting title for her new occupation, that of an assassin.

With all her skills and training, she had become one of the deadliest persons in the world. Yet she confined herself to acting on honor and chivalry. No more. With permission form the blacksmith, she had melted down all large chunks of her armor in the forge, crafting new weapons and blades of various shapes and sizes.

Now Azar was a fully realized Assassin and took a few jobs here and there. It had started simple enough, with the victims of several families coming to her in tears, wishing on a loved one's . She complied of course, coaxing confessions out of many murders before executing them herself. Soon her services became well known, though only under her working persona.

However with great notoriety also came great challenges. The more she acted, the more people took issues with her methods, the more enemies she made. There were now many people who would compete for her services, likewise though, there were many who wanted .

Now she had to figure out just how to handle it all, especially when some friends and family were supposed to visit and she had yet to tell them about her resignation.

Who comes?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)