More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by bejjinks bejjinks

What will you do first with your new power?

A better Eden

You sit there thinking about what you know of the Bible even though you now think it is mostly hogwash. You do remember the descriptions of Eden. In some ways it was a paradise but you think you can do better. But before you get started, you want to make sure that you don't mess up the world.

  • The universe as it is will be saved as a backup.

You immediately hit save and everything around you stops moving. You don't freeze and you can still type on the computer but you see a bird frozen in midair outside your window. That might be cool to explore a time stopped world but another time. You continue thinking about Eden.

One thing that made Eden a paradise was that there was an abundance of food.

  • Plants will flourish and be more resistant to fire. They will produce plenty of fruits and parts that can be harvested without destroying the plant. They even produce meat like fruits so that no animal has to eat another animal. All carnivores and parasites will eat from those plants and will no longer harm each other.

With that rule you just eliminated many problems in one fell swoop. You ended starvation. You ended disease because all disease is essentially caused by parasites. All harmful bacteria and viruses are parasites but just to be sure.

  • Mutations will stop unless I approve of the mutation. All harmful mutations of the past will be reversed.

That eliminates cancer and birth defects. This also prevents new diseases from forming so you have a chance to make sure all old diseases are taken care of. So now you want to take care of other harmful things such as natural disasters.

  • The weather will always be within a reasonable range. There will be no life threatening storms or weather conditions.
  • The tectonic plates will move smoothly so that there are no large earthquakes.
  • Volcanoes will be more predictable so that we can be better prepared for them.
  • Fires will never be more than four feet in width.

This will make fires easier to manage. One can still use fire in campfires or to burn something that needs to be destroyed but these fires will be easier to control and they won't go wild.

You're not sure what to do about floods. You don't want to eliminate floods because like the other disasters, floods can sometime be beneficial. You'll have to think about a way to make floods more controllable so that only beneficial floods can occur.

  • The ozone layer and anything else that protects the Earth from radiation will become bigger and more effective. They will still allow some radiation to get through but not at levels that harm humans. Other radioactive particles will be visible so that they are easier to avoid.
  • Water will be easier to purify.
  • Everybody right now has perfect health and all health problems are reversed.
  • Pregnancies won't happen unless both the father and mother consent.
  • Humans are to each other and respect each other's property. Humans are also more generous especially if they are wealthy. Sociopathy doesn't exist and no criminal thinking occurs.

You double check your work. You may not have solved all the world's problems but you think all your rules will be improvements with no negative consequences so you hit save. The universe starts moving again and that bird flies on. You don't notice any changes at first but you didn't expect to. You need to explore your world a bit to see the changes.

Where do you explore first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)