More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by merkros merkros

You See...

A Young Man, King Bryce of Itheria

Itheria is a small and mostly stable kingdom on the western coast of Motania. There are other kingdoms nearby, but they mostly have cordial relations with yours. You rub the stubble on your face as you inspect the young man in the mirror. You're not really much to look at. Lord Gilbert, your former regent kept you inside studying, rather than outside playing with swords and training to be a fighter. However, all things can be improved in time. After combing the black hair you inherited from your mother, you go and pick out a suitable outfit for a King. You must make a good impression at your first day of court.

After taking a second glance at yourself and striking a kingly pose for a moment, you open the door and step out. As you walk out into the hall, you almost walk right into a serving girl.

She quickly steps back before the collision, "O-oh, Your Majesty.I'm Sorry. My Lord Gilbert asked me to check to make sure you're up for court this morning." She squirms and looks down at the floor politely.

You look her over and recognize her Sarah, you think her name is. The servant who tends and cleans your room. She's not much older than you are with shoulder-length blonde hair and pretty blue eyes. Her simple dress covers a modest frame and her pale skin. "I guess even kings run on a schedule. You're Sarah, are you not?"

She fidgets under your gaze, "Y-Yes Your Majesty."

"Well Sarah, I imagine we're going to be seeing each other a lot if Lord Gilbert asked you to tend to my needs. If you would like, we could drop the formalities and you may call me Bryce, or King Bryce if you would prefer. "

"Yes Your Majesty." She stiffens and a little blush comes to her face at her error, "I mean King Bryce."

You chuckle a little at her shyness.

Of course, you do have something to ask of Sarah.

What do you ask of Sarah?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)