More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by merkros merkros

What do you ask of Sarah?

The Curtains

"If you have a moment, would you please put some curtains over my window? The Light shines in on me in the morning and is quite bright."

She looks up at you for a moment, "Y-yes, of course King Bryce. Is that everything?"

"That will be all"

Sarah curtsies and walks down the hall. You watch her go for a moment before walking down the corridor to the throne room. As you step into the Throne Room, you're surprised at the number of people are there. Courtiers, Vassals, and Advisers. You think that more people attended the coronation, but clearly many of them have stuck around to see how you handle your first day of court. One by one they all notice you and soon a flood of faces turn in your direction. You walk up the stairs of the podium where your new throne awaits and take the jeweled crown of Ithera and set it on your head. It's lighter than you remember it being yesterday. Perhaps every day it'll be a little bit lighter, until you hardly notice it at all. Then you take your place upon the throne.

Lord Gilbert, your former regent and current steward steps up. Although, in his old age it looked to be more of a hobble. "Your Majesty, I've seen you turn into a fine young man over the last few years. If only your parents were here to see this day. However, I am here, along with your other advisers. Count Erwin Dresin, your Royal Chancellor, Lady Vessa, your Court Mage, and Sir Garret, your Marshal. I once again, along with the rest of the court, pledge our support of you and your claim to Itheria."

With his statement finished, the rest of the court applaud and cheer their support. Although whether those symbols of support are sincere or not has yet to be seen. It pretty much equated to treason, if they didn't at least appear to support you now.

You stay straight and stern as you respond, "Thank you Lord Gilbert. I appreciate your years of service to the crown. Now we have a country to run. Laws to make. Grievances to settle and i hope that your tutelage will assist me in the coming days until i can accrue my own wisdom."

Lord Gilbert bows happily before returning to his seat with the rest of the advisers.

Court was the place where issues within the kingdom would be brought up to the highest authority, you. Sometimes these issues are just squabbling between two nobles, but other times more important issues might come up. Issues that may threaten your realm.

Is anything brought up at court?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)