More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Draykahn Draykahn

What do you see looking back at you?

A Warg (Author: Draykahn)

Golden eyes peered back at you, framed in a dark furred face. Cracked fangs protruded at the corners of your elongated snout. Torn, scarred ears perched atop your head. You look to your hands and find the backs of them covered in short fur; black intermixed with silver. Your palms are mostly bare, roughened pads of dark skin cover them.

Warg. That’s what you are. You recall the fact as you take in the rest of your lean, battered form.

Warg, though a runt of one to be sure. You scowl remembering how you’d been left for dead by your pack, torn and bleeding from the teeth and claws of the Alpha. A pair of adventurers had come by not long after and finished you. A low growl rumbled from your chest as you recall the look of pity on their faces as they put you out of your misery.

It seemed this time you had spawned on your own. Good. Your pack was likely in the area but you had no desire to find them. Yet. You wondered if there was anything else different this time around. As you thought it another window appeared to block your view. You stared at it blankly for a second before beginning to wade through the details it provided.

Warg Runt, Level 5

Monster, Wolf, Humanoid, Explicit

Experience remaining to level up: 500

Attributes:

Strength: 13 | Dexterity: 38 | Endurance: 12

Charisma: 15 | Manipulation: 15 | Appearance: 12

Perception: 32 | Intelligence: 25 | Wits: 30+0

Skills:

Athletics: 10 | Awareness: 20 | Brawl: 25

Dodge: 25 | Occult: 5 | Resistance: 10

Stealth: 25 | Survival: 20

Feats:

Monstrous Appearance - When attempting to use Appearance in a positive way on creatures without the Monster sub-type, count it as 20 points lower until the creature gets used to you

Natural Weapons - You are in possession of a set of natural weapons. You are immune to Disarm attacks, however Crippling effects have a chance to disarm you instead.

Fade into Shadow - While in low-light multiply stealth by 1.5 for purposes of remaining hidden while not moving.

Hunter’s Cunning - gain a constant, passive increase to your Wits based on how many creatures you have killed since your last .

Reading the Monstrous Appearance feat and reviewing your appearance stat you scowl for a moment. Did that mean that you would have a negative modifier for any attempt to sway a non-monster creature? Then again you didn’t really feel like diplomacy was the tact to take if you wanted to survive for any amount of time this time around. Survival of the fittest and all that. You would have to make the best out of your limited strengths.

You sank to your haunches as you dismissed the character sheet and entered a brief, thoughtful repose. How best to proceed from here?

What comes next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)