More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Left Hand Man Left Hand Man

What do you see looking back at you?

A Sheep (Left Hand Man)

[Authors Note: This story was heavily inspired by the Sheep storyline in Game Monster by Cantaloupe. ]

You can see your majestic horns and fluffy pelt covering your mighty body, one that strikes fear into adventures everywhere. Or it would, if you weren't level 3 and a weak level 3 at that. You suppose you should be grateful, all things considered. At least you weren't a level 0 like most critters. To be honest though, you sometimes think that being a level 0 monster would almost be better. At the very least, you'd probably get killed less. As it was, as soon as an adventurer saw you, you got killed for the chance of getting a rare drop. After all, you were an Ironhorn Ram, a member of the mighty, man-eating flocks of the open plains! Or you would be if the gods didn't decide to place your spawn point in a cave, on a mountain, in the middle of a forest! You plunk down on your bed in irritation... And wince when you feel the hard, stony ground. Damm update reset my bed. You think in dejected annoyance. You sigh and open your stat sheet, seeing the same thing you always saw...

Level 3 Ironhorn Ram

(Monster, Magical, Sheep, Explicit)
Experience to level up: 300

Attributes:

Strength: 31
Dexterity: 12
Agility: 24
Stamina: 38
Defense: 27
Charisma: 14
Manipulation: 9
Apperence: 24
Perception: 19
Intelligence: 21 (+0)
Wits: 18
Skills:
none
Feats:
Monstrous Appearance: Count any attempt to use appearance in a positive way on any being without the Monster subtype as 20 less until they get used to you.
Magical beast: You are a magical beast! This means you have access to a mana pool and a limited number of spells, and posses the gift of speech.
Wisdom of Ages: Gain a passive boost to intelligence the longer it's been since your last .
Hardy Endurance (Racial Trait): Increases stamina gained during level up. Stamina refills faster during rest. Stamina decreases slower during exertion.
Hard Head (Racial Trait): You have a ridiculously thick skull. Take reduced damage from strikes to the head. Take reduced environmental damage when the damage is focused on your head. Resistance to being Dazed.
Non-humanoid: Cannot equip armor, weapons or equipment intended for humanoids. Can equip armor, weapons or equipment intended for mounts or pets. You have a much lower chance of contracting status ailments from eating raw foods.
Natural Weapons: you possess a set of natural weapons. You cannot be Disarmed. Crippling attacks instead have a chance to Disarm you.
Spells:
Iron Wool: Makes your fur hard as iron, and resistant to magic. Treat the Defense stat as (intelligence/2) higher for incoming physical damage whilst this spell is active. Treat the defense stat as (intelligence X .75) higher for incomming magical damage whilst this spell is active. Does nothing against blunt impacts or environmental damage.
Charge: Gather energy in your legs and launch a magically assisted charge at an enemy. Treat the strength stat as (intelligence/2) higher for this attack. Causes knockback to the enemy.

You stare at your stats page in shock. Magical? The update gave me magic?!! You think to your self in elated disbelief. You quickly check your stats again.... And wilt in disappointment. Yep, the update gave you magic, alright. Shitty magic that either wasn't going to be very helpful (Iron Wool) or was just a reskinned version of a skill you already had (Charge). It also lowered every single one of your social stats, which, as a glorified sheep, weren't that good to begin with. With another sigh, you idly preuse the rest of your stats. The gods at least seam to have buffed your intelligence somewhat to go with your new magic. Speaking of magic, it seams that Charge was at least bit better than you thought. It factored of your intelligence now, which was now pretty close to your Agility (what it used to factor off of). It also has knockback, which at the very least won't hurt your chances any. Wisdom of ages was new, not that you expected it to be very useful, considering that the longest you've ever survived was a week and a half (and that only because the adventurers were distracted by something called an "Event"). Your appearance stat also actually improved for some reason, though the Monstrous Appearance feat essentially had you worse off than you were before when it came to adventurers, which were the only people you ever saw anyway. Your dexterity was still terrible and wait... You look back at the description of "Magical beast" and find the part you only glanced at in passing.

What did you miss?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)