More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by grimbous grimbous

Who are you mistaken for?

[Author's Note]

Current as of Sept. 7, 2017

Note to the Readers:

Thanks a lot for all the likes, favorites, and positive comments. I'm sure I speak for any writer here when I say they are always appreciated.

The main thing I wanted to say with this note is to acknowledge the lack of options along some of the story paths. This is intentional. My plan is to eventually write a couple of main story paths to completion then go back later to work on some branching options. I'm not sure if I'll manage it, but it's the long term plan.

And last, a warning that a lot of my chapters aren't going to have anything particularly erotic happening in them. I realize this is a place for smut and erotica, but I have to write in the direction the story is taking me. Fear not though, I'll always bring it back around again.

Note to Future Contributors:

Contributions are welcome from other authors. I only have three rules and a couple of requests for any writer who might want to contribute to Mistaken Identity.

The three rules are:

First: It should go without saying, but follow the site rules. No , underage sex, or graphic .

Second: If you are going to contribute please do so meaningfully. Take the story forward in some significant way with each chapter. You don't have to write a 20 page epic but please avoid just leaving a line or two. This one is just a personal pet peeve.

Third: Please only contribute original works. Don't copy-paste or plagiarize from other writers, whether credited or not. Make your chapters your own.

The requests are:

I have intentionally left the city and the main character as vague as possible. There are big downsides to this, but I think it allows for the greatest range of buy in from the reader. We know it takes place in a big city in the U.S. and we know the main character is an average guy aged somewhere between his late 30's and his early 50's. Obviously details have to get added along the way, but you might want to avoid adding too many concrete details too fast just so the style remains consistent. It might be jarring to the reader if 5 chapters in the main character suddenly has a name and a detailed backstory. Just my two cents though, I'm not a stickler on this.

Try to keep the spec fic stuff to the "Out of the Ordinary" section. It's all cool if you want to bring in Vampires or Demons or something, just put it in that section. At the very least warn the reader that you are stepping out of the ordinary in your first chapter title.

Don't add chapters to this please.

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)