More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

* Which Genre Do You Wish To Examine? *

* Puzzle Games *

This Genre is one that I, the author, have relatively little experience with. Including groundbreaking titles such as "Myst" this genre actually goes back to the earliest days of computer gaming with things such as "The Vampire Wakes at Midnight".

Some of these games are basically RPGS with a lot of puzzle elements, such as "Beyond the Beyond"; which will be cross listed under RPGs.

Others are what is known as "Hidden Object" games where you are scanning pictures to find concealed objects; there is a deffinite story, but its largely linear: the whole game is a puzzle, story included, such as "Shadow of the Templars".

Many are "Seek-and-Find" games where the game IS the puzzles with maybe a story to tie them together, such as the legendary title "MYST".

Next there are "Puzzlers" where there really isn't a story at all, or only the barest hint of one, such as "Puzzles&Dragons", but if you dig around you find that there is a sort of secret back story.

Then of course there are the True Puzzle Games: where you have a digital jigsaw puzzle or similar that you solve: a very early form of puzzle game indeed...

* Which Sub-Genre Do You Wish To Examine? *

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)