More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MissAshleyJ MissAshleyJ

what next?

(World Guide)

I've always liked fiction that deals with parallel worlds and alternate history. So I decided to create my own with a bit of a personal twist.

(OTL = Our Time Line, a common phrase and abbreviation in the genera)

The primary difference between our world and this one is that the chemical makeup of testosterone and estrogen are swapped. Men have softer features, breasts, long hair, and a lighter frame, where as women have stocker forms, flat chests and facial hair.

From a historical perspective, the important divergence is the fact the UK government evacuated to the North American colonies after loosing the Seven Years War (what we in US call the 'French and Indian War") . They set up shop in a new city, dubbed "New Westminster" where Norfolk, Virginia is in OTL. the country is what I have termed an "Executive Monarchy", a form of Constitutional Monarchy, where in the crown has much the same level of authority as the president of the United States would.

The "Royal Kingdom of America" as the country has come to be unofficially known, controls North America north of just about 22 degrees N latitude, with the exception of a large chunk of OTL Alaska, which is split between Russia and Korea.

(edit: I know this sound a lot like the anime "Code Geass", but I swear I was only vaguely aware of that show when I first drew up this world. Aside from all the reversals, in the anime, the American Revolution was stopped and Britannia lost the Napoleonic Wars, where as here, the revolution never had the chance to exist. The RKA is as close to a real world modern democracy as it gets.)

Mexico is a principality controlling the rest of OTL, plus Guatemala. As it had been in OTL, Belize is an RKA territory.

A long time rival of the RKA is France, which remains an absolute monarchy, controls England and Wales, Spain, Portugal. France has a human rights record roughly on par with Soviet Russian and Maoist China and the country has an issue keeping the population in.

Russian, meanwhile, is a stanch ally of the RKA.

China is under the thumb of a much more powerful Korea, while Japan was invaded and conquered by Russia centuries ago.

India controls much of southeast Asia and Australia.

Africa is much more developed and is home to several nation, the most powerful being the United Kingdom of Swazi-Lesotho, another RKA ally.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)