More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by MissAshleyJ MissAshleyJ

What's next?

More

Given the changes in human history, many details of society have changed.

The major religious (including all three Abrahamic faiths), do not exist.

In thier places are various national religions. The RKA has two, the official state religion which is a complex, polytheistic faith and a monotheistic one.

The polytheism has no name, per se. it features Five gods, worshiped by women, and Seven Goddesses, worshipped by men. None have names.

The religion’s houses of worship are divided into three parallel sections, the area for women, the area for men and in between a joint area for things like major holidays and heterosexual weddings. Same sex marriages take place in their prescribed sections and is the only time the other gender is allowed in outside an emergency.

The monotheistic faith simply worships the ruling monarch. This style of religion is also the dominant one in France.

In ancient mythology, most of the roles of gods and goddesses are swapped, this has an effect on names and terms, such as planets, noted below.

Volcabulary.

Pronouns remain the same, but most terms have switched. Men are miss before their marriage and Mrs. after. A Man is a wife, a bride, a queen, a princess, a, duchess, a dame, a lady.

“Manhood” and “lady hood” are interchangeable.

Planets: Mercury, Earth and Uranius keep thier names.

Mars and Venus swap names (Venus having been a war god while Mars was goddess of love. As such Aphrodisiac tends to deal with bloodlust, not the other kind of lust)

Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune are respectively; Juno, Opis and Salacia.

Pluto and Vesta swap names.

Personal names that are considered “pretty” are assigned to boys, so you have men named things like Rose and Dawn.

Interpersonal relationships.

Many taboos never existed, though new ones did crop up.

Homosexuality was never outlawed, though for a long time a “lesbian” couple ( here, two men) were seen as being unable to care for themselves without a woman breadwinner, so most ether lived with one man’s parents or sister’s family.

While heterosexual is still taboo (for obvious reasons) homosexual is not only accepted, among men it’s encouraged, almost required. For a young lady to pass his 18th birthday and not have taken to bed by his father or other older man relative (twin brothers usually do each other) is a major fux pass. Sam, our protagonist, has shared his father’s bed a few times since his 18 birthday a few months prior to the story.

Political structures

As mentioned, the RKA is essentially a fusion of the two governing systems.

The legislature is still Parliament.

The House of Commons works much the same way, though there is no cabinet or prime minister, as all executive authority lies with the crown.

The House of Lords also works the same way as it did, prior to the 1999 reforms, though the crown hasn’t created any new hereditary peers in some time.

The territory of the RKA is broken down into Shires, which replace the states, counties are now divisions of Shires. New Westminster is located in the Shire of Chesapeake.

What's next?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)