More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Shibbar Shibbar

And yet...

...there was something unexplainable bothering him

It's not that they were distant; they saw each other frequently, and they talked to each other about every problem they had. It's not that they were unfaithful; though both of them admitted to occasionally looking at others and imagining what the sex would be like, they overall didn't want or need to, and told each other truthfully that they loved each other. It's not that they didn't enjoy the sex; if anything it was the best sex they've ever had. It's not that they were unhappy; they had fun, and were happy together in a way that they've never been happy before.

...and yet there was just something there niggling in the back of the mind of the man, some kind of... unsatisfaction? Unhappiness? Unfulfilment? It was something unexplainable, something so difficult to put into words that he didn't know how to talk about it. Maybe there wasn't anything there at all, nothing but his imagination? But this unsatisfaction bothered him, because perhaps it just meant he was a bad person, that gets bored easily, or because he had bad characteristics. He didn't like that, as he was a man that tried to better himself, or styled himself like so at least. But he had to know for sure what it was that was wrong before he could fix it. Perhaps a therapist would've helped; however, the man took a different path.

He was a man of interest in the occult- an amateur, as much an amateur one could be- but it couldn't be denied that his spirit was willing and eager. Reading a few of the books of the most accomplished and most powerful occultists, like of Crowley and Blavatsky, he thought himself capable, on their level. Confidence that he could summon a spirit or demon or some kind of other otherworldly entity that could help or solve his problem surged within him.

And so he trained his mind, and went over the rituals that he had to do. And thus, on a particularly dark evening, a quiet night with quiet rain, he decided to go through with it. He gathered his things; his altar, his scourge, his dagger and his chain, his holy oil, and so on and so forth, and then he set to work.

He stripped himself of everything but his robe and crown, and doused himself in oil from the crest of his head to his toes; he glistened like gold from the faint candlelight around the room. He stood within his circle, with his items within reach but strewn around him like toys. He raised his hands into the air, staring at the ceiling for a few moments, preparing his words. However, no voice came from his mouth.

"Ambitious of you," spoke a voice from the shadows.

The man was surprised by the speed at which he succeeded. He peered into the shadows around him, trying to see the entity, but the candles which he lit were all melted puddles; all except for the ones within his circle. Some time must have passed without his notice.

"I was brought here by your intent, summoner, so strong is your desire to find peace." The voice was fluid and changing and simultaniously soft and gentle, and harsh and booming, as if it was changing volumes from min to max like the first nightmares within the recesses of the mind. "I can give you what you want because I know what plagues you."

"What plagues me then oh-spirit or demon?" asked the man in no particular direction.

The entity chuckled lightly. "You are insecure and stressed, because you haven't done anything worthwhile with your life. You are not as good as other normal people because you are not as good as you think you are; both in skill and morally. You do not put the time in to improve yourself, relying on where you are now and the knowledge you have -which you assume makes you better because you have more of it-, and you confuse not being evil for being good. You are unsatisfied and unhappy because you are average and unimportant -nothing special- and you know it. You have not helped out your fellow man, or contributed anything of use to anyone. Even successfully summoning me, summon anything, means nothing and should not inflate your ego so as it did."

The words of the body-less entity cut deeply into him, for he knew deep down that they were right. He felt despair grip his heart, and he thought of nothing but to wallow in his now revealed self loathing.

"Do not despair, for now I give you two options. One is that you banish me, and you take what I have said and you deal with it on your own; whether you are successful or not is up to you. However, it is very likely nothing will change." As it spoke the entity materialised before his eyes, outside the circle; a demon that was half goat and half woman, with four arms, hooves on the end of her goat legs, horns on her goat head, and a long tail that swished back and forth against the floor like a paintbrush. She felt unreal, her details as if left to interpretation.

"Your second option is that you let me in. I will give you the willpower and motivation to make things right, to make you into who you want to be, and to make you happy and fulfilled. All I ask is that I am allowed to remain within you for the rest of your days, with occasional autonomy."

The man pondered deep and hard about this.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)