More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Avriit Avriit

What is Avriit's next move?

for the Imprisonment

Avriit feels his powers as he lets them extend out of his body for the first time in a couple of millennia. He, yes, Avriit takes male pronouns for now, though he acknowledges by today's standards he would be non-binary; he begins establishing an ethereal/astral self. It's where most of his entity is elsewhere just controlling the body like a puppet, much like if the body was just a hand attached to something much bigger and is typically used by the gods to escape permanent if god wars break out. Wars like that must've been banned on this plane since the gods all left the plane after Avriit was entrapped.

Avriit took note that the situation would kill his soon-to-be ex-girlfriend if he let time continue, so with no effort, he teleported her about ten feet out of the way of the car, walked near to her, and then he unpaused her while still looking like John. "Well, that was interesting." He tried to say while she screamed then realized the danger is gone. She said "How ...?" In response to seeing everything frozen and not being where she was. "I hate to say I told you so, and you probably don't remember, but I once said I fantasize about being a god, even having one in me. Well ..." And with that Avriit took a form that he adores, long black hair going mid back with blood red undertones mixed into it naturally took over his shoulder-length brown hair that was receding. His body all round thinned but only enough to look healthy. He adjusted the muscles that he naturally had before to be lean, but to hold enough strength to be able to lift anything if he needed to. His round and slightly square face slimmed to one that fit his new body, except for his eyes, he purposefully made one with a black iris and the other pure white. He changed his clothes to something mostly resembling goth, form-fitting black pants, and shirt, and also a leather-like jacket. His clothes in appearance don't quite match texture and quality though, as by that they are soft and the jacket feels like thick silk material. Being that he was already a little over six feet, he didn't change his height except to be rounded to the nearest whole measurement of six feet four. The final change isn't visual, but he removes all the bodily pain that the mortal body was holding, and instant relief sets in.

"So I'll send you off with anything you like, but this is, unfortunately, the end of us." He needed to be blunt and get the feeling out there. "I will say, though, that I do feel bad about this; I loved you but we lost a lot of chemistry over the years." She was confused, angry, and sad and tears began to overtake her. She couldn't speak and just mumbled out words too incoherent to understand. However, Avriit didn't need her words, he knew what she would want and could fill in the blanks using her mind. He snapped his fingers and she began changing, losing weight that she wanted to go, alleviating pains, fixing health-related problems, and raising her short height. Still too emotional to process everything, she is fully shocked at what just happened. He couldn't bring himself to a good conscience change her person without permission, which is why he couldn't stay with her. She was asexual, which fundamentally wasn't wrong, it was just not his thing.

After she was set for her life, her future, he left, teleporting into an empty field surrounded by trees in the mid-west of the USA. This alone wasn't enough to call the others, though Yahweh, as he is now called, should already sense his energy and be monitoring what Avriit was doing, and gathering the respective gods to repeat the process. So Avriit started his take over, reclaiming the realm as his again. He started with magic, gifting everything in the universe with a taste. Some people would start getting powers based on forgotten lineage or gifts of the universe, others would have to learn it the hard way through study and perseverance. That wasn't enough, or he's just slow, so Avriit did the next couple of things in bulk:

  • Made it so women's periods don't hurt. They don't have them at all anymore.
  • To make children, both partners need to want kids consensually at that moment (a whole in-depth process using magic as the backbone). Extended the lifespan of humans by a hundred years, but also expedited maturity, so now humans now progress to proper physical and mental adulthood at exactly 18 instead of from 15 to 25 depending on outside factors and genetics.
  • Tied to the previous one, humans will stay in their prime longer, and even the elderly no longer wither. They look older but have the full ability to do things.
  • The change that probably pissed off Yahweh the most, made all humans look sexier, as in a bigger average size for assets on both men and women, and added to this, took everyone's physical pain away in terms of age and carrying their body around. He also made them able to keep unhealthy weight off easier, unless it makes them look sexier.
  • Now the body heals better, and smarter, allowing all ailments to be corrected by the body, which also deters most diseases.
  • There were some minor changes to the world itself to make it get rid of pollution more naturally since humans needed help.
  • The last thing was the potential for monsters and demi-humans to exist. This could be through godly creation or magical construction.

These were all just the basics in Avriit's mind, but he knew the others would be pissed off at that. Suddenly, a storm cloud appeared out of nowhere in a huge display of power. Displays like this hadn't happened in a long time and Avriit thought to himself about what a waste this was. If he wanted to fight or enact a new punishment, it would be more efficient if he just teleported down here. The sky became dark and was starting to whip wind like a hurricane. Avriit wasn't scared, instead, he was trying to remain patient. Then some thunder from the cloud; still no response. Then a bolt of lightning struck about ten feet off of the target. Avriit thought "Someone is out of practice..." When no response came this time, the clouds grew darker and the wind picked up, and with thunder that sounded like growling a bolt of lightning streaked toward Avriit.

Being as he is, Avriit sees the bolt in slow motion, but he can move at full speed this time. He raised his arm and with a mere thought, he redirected the lighting while it was still in the sky. With another scorch mark on this field, Avriit says "Hey! If you want this done right, you know you'll have to stop playing and come down here yourself!" A few silent seconds pass and then a hole opens in the clouds. From the hole, a figure drops and lands maybe fifteen feet from Avriit. Yahweh has always looked old, saying it's to look wise, but now he has made his scars fade, his face young under the white hair and well-kept beard, and his body looks like he's in his twenties with how in shape he is.

"You look good, brother," Avriit said.

"Don't call me that. We are not siblings." Yahweh tried to mimic Avriit's calmness, but he was failing miserably. His essence sparked with literal electricity.

Avriit put his hands behind his back and began to casually walk the area. "Once upon a time we were. We did everything with each other, and for each other. Then things got complicated..."

"You had sex with a tribal princess!"

"She asked me to, but I see the conflict. I can see how you managed to paint me as the bad guy using examples like that." Avriit seemed more intrigued about this interaction; he expected a fight of some kind by now.

"How did you get out? It was meant to be impossible. We did calculations for years before trying it." Yahweh began mimicking the walking, and now they walk in a circle around each other. His voice was showing signs of stress and worry.

"You miscalculated that adrenaline could wake me up long enough to agree to something. Something so enticing as joining my mind with the human host so that I may be free." Avriit smiled and winked at Yahweh, still expecting something.

Avriit's suspicions came true when three more people rained from the sky and a fourth raised from the earth through a dark portal.

Veiled in a white aura was a god Avriit knew as Thor, seemingly taking over Vidar's spot from the past. Given the white robes and new wings, Avriit assumes that Thor is now an angel by the name of Gabriel or Michael. In a red aura is a god, now taking on the appearance of an angel as well. "This one was more likely to be Michael given the wrath behind their eyes", Avriit thought. It seems that Yahweh Tyr to revitalize his appearance to be healthier looking. His hand was back and he resembled his mid-twenties wielding a spear that resembled Gungnir, Odin's Spear. Then came a figure concealed in darkness. Seeing through the aura showed a god completely unfamiliar to Avriit. The god was fat and was the first to not be pristine and perfect. This new god seemed to have a look of courage that the rest had lost long ago. The final one, which rose from below, was shrouded in a pale, sickly grey-green color. She was extremely familiar and a sight for sore eyes. Avriit's daughter, Hel, stood before him while the rest appeared one to the right, left, and back sides of him. She was unchanged but wore newer robes is all.

In order, these figures resembled Conquest, War, Famine, and . Yahweh's go-to plan was to rid the world of someone he deemed evil. Looking forward into Hel's beautifully mismatched eyes Avriit says, "I'm so proud of you! You took over as the proper god of instead of all the others!" He could barely contain himself.

Hel smiled, to her this was the best way to get back at Yahweh for everything. "It's good to see you too father."

Chains apparated in all their hands as if Yahweh wanted them to hurry up. He walked up beside Hel and said "It's time you go back to your imprisonment. I will not let you destroy what I've built."

"What you built? This was all the humans' doing due to your absence. Did you know about all the diseases? How about the companies that are loan sharks? This world is crumbling and has been every time we left a culture. You are abandoning them and not even helping them with their problems from the sidelines. It's like you want an apocalypse." He scoffs and raises his arms like a Jesus pose.

Yahweh just gives a signal and the chains all lash around a limb. Well, all but one. Hel stood with her chain untethered while the other three fought for control over Avriit. This time Avriit was prepared though, they siphoned power to weaken an opponent for punishment. For each chain around his arms, he grabbed the chain itself by rotating his wrists, then he started to siphon them instead. His raw power was built up like a battery freshly filled anyways because while he was in punishment the one this he could do with his power, was make it grow. Then the chains creaked and cracked, and with one good pull each of those two snapped, then he did the same to the one on his leg.

Everyone looked shocked and bewildered except Avriit and Hel. Suddenly Yahweh's children dash towards Avriit looking to fight this out. Gabriel on the left and Michael on the right, Avriit makes a wave of his hands and they fly off to the trees. "They will be fine. What about you, Famine? Do you feel like a fight?" The horseman just started whistling and walking away. Avriit set his sights on Yahweh, and as he started walking in his direction of him Hel joined her father's side. He took the second to think that Hel is probably renamed to Lilith in this new age.

"Give up brother, your punishment will be less severe." Avriit was egging him on purpose.

Yahweh never gave up before and wouldn't stop now. "I said don't call me that!" He yelled as he tried to punch Avriit with lightning streaking from his entire being.

Avriit caught the flying electrical hand and his will upon his body, artificially turning off his powers. "You may have them back when you know how to behave. You believe in an eye for an eye so, you will be bound to the same punishment I was and for the same amount of time."

Hel let the chain clasp Yahweh around the neck. He struggled but no matter how hard he pulled the chain was not coming off. "Y-you can't! I'm the king of all things!"

"You command nothing except the gods weaker than you. That's done from here on out, and I have some plans to make it fair." Avriit signaled Hel to start the chain's enchantment. When Yahweh fell to his knees in pain Avriit crouched in front of him. "Hopefully you learn the importance of mortality, but I'm sad you will live a thousand live better than my best. I'm changing this world for them, my fun comes from them." Yahweh's essence begins to pool in a controlled cloud of sorts getting ready to take off and be incarnated into a baby. Avriit wants to give a final word before it finishes. "Try to enjoy life from the start to the end."

At that Yahweh is whisked away and isn't due to come back for a very long time. The chain in Hel's hands disappears and she hugs her father. "I missed you father." She said. "I missed you as well, you and your brothers. Which I should go fetch them from all their traps."

Avriit brings Hel as he releases the binds on Fenrir, and Jormungandr, and frees Sleipnir from the godly stables to let him make his own choice. They all had a choice, and all took their places amongst the wilds of the earth except for Hel. She chose to keep her domain in the underworld, she remarks "Someone has to look after my half brothers."

With that, in the field again, and this time alone. Avriit stands and makes a final decree to all divine.

"I am Avriit, some may know me as Loki, or chaos bringer, or Prometheus. I have many names because your old king all of us to do so. At first, it was fun but we couldn't convince him to stop and the power went to his head in everything he did. I am the eldest, and I put the most into this plane. I decree you may return to the mortal realm if you choose, whether that be earth or a distant planet. I permit you to do whatever you want, but there are a couple of rules. The divine wars are still banned and any who divulges will be punished accordingly. Using followers to fight on your behalf specifically to attack another god is just as bad. The final rule is, that if you used to require sacrificial prayer you must limit the sacrifices. Mass genocide/suicide is off the table just for your pleasure and power. I am setting up territory now, my palace will be a safe zone for my followers. I recommend something similar for you all." And the broadcast ended.

A second broadcast is sent to all humans. They equally hear Avriit's voice as if he is in front of them. "I am sorry to interrupt all of you, but I am Avriit and I am a god. I am contacting you today to let you all know that we are returning. I have a story I'm willing to share but I want to assure you, that the majority of your gods exist. I brought magic and extended life back to all humans. I also brought you all a better way of reproducing to reduce overpopulation. I'm a god of desires but I had to establish my kingdom before taking over. The main reason for this message is to let you all know if you have any deep desires I can help you fulfill them. Visit me for further inquiries."

Avriit began building this impossible black and white/yin-yang-style castle. It was huge on the outside but the inside was huge with any room you could need. The key pride beyond the throne room is a hallway that goes down infinitely full of doors. The function is that each door acts the same, there are multiple in case it is busy. They open to wherever or whenever the user wants to go. This can either take the person to that spot if it is in the current time, or it will make a fake world for them and if they want a modern place they can choose fake or teleport. The room can be as simple as an empty room, or as intricate as a full-on universe full of NPCs (basically perfect ai but they have many fail safes to let users know they aren't real when asked to go to the real world). This was his pride and joy, but now he needed worshippers.

What does Avriit do to draw in followers?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)