More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Gambio Gambio

Who are you?

a Writers information!

This chapter is for authors who wish to write for Subjugation Tournament.

While this story is public, the rules for writing for it are somewhat strict. Please be aware that I will be deleting chapters that do not adhere to these rules.

That said, it is perfectly fine to use this as inspiration and start your own story. Subjugation Tournament itself is heavily inspired from the Toushin Toshi series after all.

I do want to clarify that quality will never be a reason to reject a chapter. The quality of my own writing is hardly stellar and above all else I'd like to encourage writing not stifle it. As long as you can follow the rules, you're good to go.

So, the rules.

The story needs to follow a character on his or her journey through the Tournament. You can include the pre tournament stuff like the examination and qualifiers, if you wish but the main tournament should be covered from Round One.

While a bit of an epilogue is fine, your story should in general conclude with the end of the tournament. Your protagonist doesn't have to win the tournament. In fact, loss is part of the appeal. So losing midway through is perfectly acceptable. Of course the tournament style lends itself to branching out, feel free to make use of that option.

Your branch must start from chapter one. You can not branch off from a different chapter.

The rules of the tournament are as outlined here.

My story is set as the 129th tournament. Your story can be set at the same tournament, but this will require you to stick to the tournament roster of said year. While I would love to see an alternate take on my plot, this might be a bit too restrictive. Because of this, I recommend setting your story during a future tournament, which allows you to come up with your own rooster and even tweak the tournament rules.

While changes are fine, the spirit of the tournament must be retained, (you know getting slaves and stuff) If you are unsure if your take deviates too much, please send me a message.

Setting your tournament in the past is possible too, although in that case there would once again be certain restrictions based on the history.

Aside from that, CHYOA rules will obviously have to be followed.

general worldbuilding

This story is set upon the continent as described in the Alicesoft catalog of games. (Rance, Toushin Toshi and many more) However I shamelessly took some creative liberties with the setting, to the point were any purist would probably behead me. Please view this as an alternative universe rather then the actual thing.

To give a very basic overview of the most important countries:


Free Cities

Where the story takes place. A bunch of independent city states that are situated in the southern part of the continent. While they aren't allied per se, sheer necessity to protect their interest against the big nations often sees them making common cause with each other. Despite the name, they love slavery. Climate: temperate

Empire of Helman

Largest human nation and situated to the north of the free cities. Living standards are very poor but the country makes up for this be being very corrupt. Slavery is banned in Helman but thrives illegally. Climate: Cold and even colder

Kingdom of Leazas

A rich human nation to the East of the Free Cities. Extremely fertile land and all around the best place for humans to live. Slavery is illegal in Leazas. Climate: temperate

Holy City

small Papal state set upon a lake in the middle of the continent and seat of humanities most influential religion. Slavery is illegal(except for Galmons)

Magic Kingdom of Zeth

Magic supremacist country to the west of the Free Cities. Awesome to live in if you're a mage. Not so much, if you aren't. Slavery is legal as long as the is a non mage or nonhuman. Climate: Ranging from warm to hot as fuck.

Monster Realm

The largest nation covering the entire western portion of the continent. Ruled by the Demon King but mostly a chaotic and not particularly lawful place, so slavery is whatever. Climate: lethal

Devil Realm

Not on the continent but in a void subspace. Populated by devils and imps. Very corporate in culture. They don't technically have slaves, but some devils do like to keep the souls of mortals as slaves, so yeah. Ruled by the Devil King. Climate: Fire and Brimstone

While the Devil Realm is often referred to as "Hell" and perceived by most humans as exactly that, this is actually a misconception. The actual "Hell"(aka the purification of souls) is a completely different place altogether.

Oh and the whole continent floats in space(so no beaches, apart from lakes) and is essentially just entertainment for a giant white space whale but you don't have to worry about that.

And that is about the gist of it, if you have any questions feel free to comment here or send me a PM. Happy writing!

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)