More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by NotoriousKnave NotoriousKnave

Where does it hurt?

Your throat

You grimace and scratch at your throat. She nods understandingly. "Just hungover. Lemme get some water." - and she's off.

You try to call out after her ("I'm not hungover, dammit!") but all you manage is a coughing fit. You feel something rattling around in your throat, but you just can't seem to cough it up...

Presently the nurse returns with a bottle of water and hands it to you. You nod appreciatively, taking a sip. She reaches down below your vision to rummage about for something, chirping "I'm just gonna take your vital signs now, then we'll see about getting you out of here. Sound good?" You try to speak, but all that comes out is one harsh cough. All at once you feel something... dislodge. And that's when it happens.

You clear your throat to try and swallow the bit of phlegm you obviously had, when you notice a small puff of green... vapor... drift from your lips. Huh? Was that smoke?

Suddenly, the nurse reappears with a stethoscope. "Alright, breathe in for me?" She applies the cool metal down along your abs, leaning in close. You can faintly smell perfume wafting down from her hair. "Aaaaaaaand breathe out."

When you exhale, a huge cloud of green smog flies out from your lips, briefly engulfing her blonde head. "HEY-- (koff) WHAT-- (koffkoff)", she sputters, coughing and recoiling from your colored breath. You jerk back, equally astonished. What was that? You cough once or twice, each causing a little puff of green.

Presently the smog dissipates, and you see an unsteady Nicole gripping the edge of the gurney to keep her balance, with one hand rubbing her temple, still coughing. She looks a little dazed from the smoke, eyes glossy. "Whuh... huh?" She manages to look over at you, face slightly flushed. "Wwwww... were you vaping?" You start to plead your case when you launch into another coughing fit, heaving forward with the of it, and you unintentionally gas the nurse entirely. "No, wai-- (koff) p-plea-- (KAFF)", she protests.

You see her swaying back, eyes briefly crossing before refocusing on you. Before long her grip on the gurney loosens, and she unceremoniously flops down into your lap. Her gaze flutters. "Mmmgh...?", she gurgles. You see that her pupils have shrunk down to pinpoints, and she shivers again.

It begins to dawn on you exactly what this smoke does to people. So you lean in closer to her face, ignore her gurgled protests, and blow a third dose of fog at her. You hear mumbling amongst her feeble coughing, and find yourself with a stunned nurse, lying across your legs, staring into space.

"Weird...", you mumble to yourself, smoke still drifting from your lips.

Now what?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)