More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by outerwell outerwell

Where does it hurt?

Your Head

All through your head, flashes of pain began to spark and strike in your skull. You opened your eyes and, staring at the Nurse with a pleading expression, you tersely mutter, "I seem to have a headache. A bad one."

"Ah." She said flatly "Are you allergic to Ibuprofen?"

"No, that will be fine."

As she left the room, the pain intensified, and you seemed to fall into your body. Your vision began to become tunneled, with colors sickeningly dancing on the borders like a neon-light show inside your eyes. As you attempted to keep your composure, a sound began to envelope you. It was a whining noise, somewhere between an electrical humming and a baby's cry, which grew in intensity by the moment. The pain, the tunnel, and the noise increased in intensity until, with a feeling of deflating release, they all faded into the background, and normalcy was returned. You were well aware that this was not "normal," at least by your standards, but considering that you seemed to be fine, you simply passed it off as an anomaly.

The nurse returned with a box, looking at the screen for a moment. "Are you okay? Your heart rate shot up for a moment."

"Ah, yeah, I seemed to have a migraine aura, I think." You did have a history of those.

"Well, hopefully this should remedy it." She said, pulling a vial out of the box and attaching it to a syringe.

"I thought I was getting Ibuprofen." you quickly asserted, almost standing up.

"Sorry Hun, but this is the liquid form. You can't take Ibuprofen on an empty stomach, and besides, this will act faster. Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, sorry. I can take shots, I am just bad around needles." feigning a smile

You lied, you never took anything with a needle. Besides that, how much would the shot cost? But your head still hurt quite a bit, and getting rid of the pain was the first thing on the mind. The pain and...

Nicole prepared a spot on your thigh for the injection, touching it in the process. Immediately, the whining returned. It was not the chaotic thunderstorm of before, but sounded more like a theremin, the sound first having a flat tone, then moving up and down in pitch. Looking down, you noticed the sound synchronized with the Nurse's arm as she rubbed and sterilized the injection spot. You were entranced by the noise, almost relaxed by it, before she said something to you.

"...going to burn a bit... should look away." was all you heard, before you focused on the needle about to prick your skin. You panicked, your mind screaming. A scream, which, oddly, emulated a sharp humming noise. Suddenly, the Nurse's arm swooped to the side and shot up, her hand sticking needle sticking straight up in the air. The Nurse stared bug-eyed, before shaking her head and apologizing.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me. Are you okay?" she asked

"Okay?! No I am not okay!" you thought, staring at the dreaded needle, thinking of her hand injecting the solution...

Suddenly, your leg felt wet, and noticed that the Nurse was quickly emptying the contents of the syringe out, much to your pleasure. You mentally cheered. Nicole, however, reacted with a look of disbelief, before trying to regain control. You felt another loud whining in her hand, and, once it became louder than the one coming out of your own mind, she suddenly stopped pressing the syringe, though it was already empty.

"Damnit!" she muttered. She looked at her hand, shaking it, before turning and asking if it was alright to skip to injection. You agreed as happily as you could.

As she washed off your leg, you...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)