More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by merkros merkros

You See...

Writer Resources Page Redux(For the aspiring writer)

Well...it's been almost two years since i first published this story and holy crap people. I never expected it to take off like it did. Because of the massive influx of new content over the years, I've decided to completely revamp the resources page and make it a little more....accessible? Modular? Not a big long page of ? Anyway. Let us begin.

Hello! If you are reading this, then you've found your way into the information for people who wish to add to the story. If you accidentally pressed this button thinking that the young king or queen actually saw a writer's resource page in the mirror. Well, I apologize for the deception. Please press Previous Chapter or Start Over to get back to the story.

With that out of the way. You're probably here because you want to add to the story. Great! I'm glad you've taken interest in it. Most importantly you can probably write better than i can! However, there may be a few things you wish to know about the world. Well, I'm happy to oblige, but... Honestly, I'm making most of it up as i go along. I have a small set of rules that I've come up with and i have an idea of where Itheria lies on a map, but if you asked me to name all the laws and all the nations around Itheria. I couldn't. I will share what i know and continue to update this as the story continues.

Now, this is the part where I share some embarrassing secrets. I have over 2,500 hours into a game called Crusader Kings II. A lot of my terminology and rules come from that and while it may not be the most accurate of medieval politics, it is a simple version and one I'm well versed in. Another secret that I have is that I have probably just as much time in Dungeons and Dragons. Thus, it was only natural in my mind to try and meld these two things together.

There's a lot of information here, but there's always room to improve and add more. The last thing i want to do is stifle your creativity. This is hardly a comprehensive guide to Motania and there is plenty of room for more races and lands than just what's listed here. The things here are listed here, because that's what has been set in stone through my stories and the stories of other writers. Feel free to come up with new Ideas as long as they don't conflict with the information provided in this guide.

So, after reading everything you still want to continue. Great! I do have one request though. If you want to add a whole adventure in, try to have good idea of where you want it to begin and end. Inspire your creativity and see through it until the end. I highly encourage anyone who wishes to write a large number of chapters to go over to the forums and join the discussion. We have had quite a few discussions and many of them has led to inspiration.( here ) You may even find some who want to collaborate with you and perhaps i can give suggestions and recommendations as you move forward.

A good way to start either a parallel story, or a whole new story with a new ruler is to find a "Hub Chapter". At least in my parts, I'm trying to periodically leave chapters open where they can branch off into different stories. Chapters that leave off at court, waiting for a crisis or other major event to happen is a great place to branch the story off. Likewise anytime there's a new ruler, or an heir is born is a good time to start a larger story with a new ruler. I highly recommend at least three paragraphs per chapter. More is even better. You wouldn't believe how many chapters that I get that simply let off with one paragraph, or just a few sentences. I understand that sometimes it's not possible to do so, but Please do your best to meet this criteria. I feel like this shouldn't have to be mentioned, but apparently I will have to. There might be times when copying a large section of a chapter and altering it to fit your own narrative might be sensible. DO NOT DO THIS without expressed permission. That's called Plagiarism.

If you still feel oppressed, I can always use help developing the sexual encounters. I don't have particular confidence in mine and I always feel like they can use more options and interactivity. After all, that's what this site is ultimately all about, right? Just keep in mind Chyoa's rules while doing so, please?

Conditional variables were added after my story was created. After some deliberation, I have decided to enable Conditional Variables to be used. However, if you do so, please add (Uses Conditional Variables) to the chapter starting your story branch.

The following chapters is information that has been accrued throughout the story. As mentioned earlier, this isn't a comprehensive guide to the world and there's a large amount of blank parts on the map. However, I hope that these will be filled in with time.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)