More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Emptea Emptea

How does the encounter start?

With a friendly rivalry.

"Webb's Wonderful Inventions, home of Daniel Webb, the most brilliant inventor in Silicon City! How may I direct your call?" the sweet female voice answered cheerily.

"Oh, knock it off Danny, like you could afford a receptionist with your lame inventions," replied a female voice from the other end of the line.

"It's called making a good first impression Cass," you replied after turning off the voice mod, "Something you wouldn't know about."

"Pffft, with that ugly mug of yours, the only first impression you're giving anyone is crazy old man," Cass teased. You roll your eyes. She knows you are both 30 years old, and as much as you like teasing her, using a woman's age against her is below a classy guy like you.

"The young may have their beauty, but with age... comes wisdom," you reply in a deep voice.

"Oh really? Then which would you say I am, beautiful... or wise?" Cassandra asked. You could almost see the look on her face, a tigress ready to pounce all over whatever reply you might give.

Cassandra Veratis is one of the smartest people you know, likely smarter than you, though you'd never admit that too her face. After splitting first place at a 'best invention of the year' competition five years ago, the two of you had developed a friendly rivalry of sorts. As for her beauty, it was there, but she hid it under her long messy hair and baggy clothes. At one time you even considered asking her out, but eventually decided against it. Your friendship/rivalry was too important to you to spoil over some childish crush. With the female voice mod back on you replied,

"I'm sorry Miss, Mr. Webb the wise is out of the office at the moment, can I take a message? Cassandra tried to contain a laugh.

"Even with the mod, you are way to good at that girly voice... Danielle."

"You're just jealous of my sexy voice dearie," you replied with an old lady voice mod. After some more silliness and a bit of small talk, Cassandra finally got down to business.

"So, I found the perfect place for us to meet. It's an abandoned facility in the old fabricator district," she explained.

"Scared your invention will explode?" you laugh, knowing that your inventions aren't exactly known for being... stable.

"Yeah, my invention will explode alright... explode your tiny brain when you see how truly amazing and totally better than yours it is!" Cass shouts dramatically. "Just meet me there this evening okay, it's building 69A."

"Nice." You hear the start of Cassandra bursting out in laughter in response before she quickly hangs up. With a big smile on your face, you stretch back in your office chair before kicking off your desk, propelling your wheeled seat backwards across your lab floor to the workbench.

What invention do you bring to show Cassandra?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)