More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by PiZzA101 PiZzA101

What is the tradition Alice must carry out?

Walking Home

“Do you know how to get to grandma’s house from here?” Alice’s Mom asked, ignoring the pointed question.

“Yeah, it’s just straight back the way we came, them down a small street and up her driveway. Why?” Alice asked confused.

“For the tradition you have to walk from here to there.” Alice’s mom responded indignantly.

“Ok. But there’s a catch isn’t there.” Alice asked, bracing for the worst.

“Well... you can’t wear anything. Not even shoes. It’s a rite of passage.” Her mom quickly explained.

Alice sat awestruck for a few seconds. Then, turned towards her mom, mouth agape.

“I have to WHAT?!” She yelled, her voice shaking slightly.

“Look it’s not as bad as it sounds. I did it, grandpa did it, your grandpa’s grandma did it...” Alice’s mom hastily tried to soothe, to no avail.

“Stop! Don’t put those images in my head. I’m not doing it. There’s no way.”

“I said the same thing. Once you get it over with, it’s something you can laugh about for the rest of your life!”

“You’re asking me to do something illegal you know that right? I could be arrested!”

“I doubt there’s any police around here. We’re practically in the middle of nowhere, and nobody’s milling about. What better time is there?”

“I’m not like you mom! I can’t even bring myself to leave the shower in just a towel, much less go streaking!”

“It’s not bad, I swear. Trust me Alice, you’ll want to do this. There’s an unspoken curse that goes with the tradition: Anyone who does not continue the family tradition is guaranteed a humiliating lifestyle and disgraceful children. Please just do it.” Alice’s mom begged.

Will Alice See The Tradition Continued?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)