More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Groffin Groffin

What's next?

Vytal Festival Fundraising Stripshows

"I can't believe the Vytal Festival got canceled." Ruby groused as she slumped morosely on her bed.

"I told you that dealing with the breach wasn't gonna have a neat and tidy ending Ruby," Blake responded without looking up from her novel, "and honestly you should be more concerned with the fact the city is now in lockdown."

"I can be upset about both!" Ruby insisted indignantly, and she honestly was. The White Fang and Roman Torchwick blowing a hole in Vale's foundation to allow Grimm in despite the best efforts of her team to stop them stung Ruby fiercely, and that was before the plug in the breach had given way apropos of nothing and allowed a second wave in right after all the foreign contestants had arrived.

Mercifully there were barely any causialties either time, but the second attack had the Grimm spread through the city to a far greater extent and cause colossal infrastructure damage. The tournament colosseum had been particularly damaged, and the Vytal Festival had been put "on hold" partway through, before any fighting could be organized, and travel into and out of the city had been restricted until the situation was stabilized, meaning the visiting students had to resume their studies at Beacon for the last couple of weeks.

"Look sis, we're all bummed out about not getting to fight, but what can we do?" Yang asked rhetorically from where she sat looking idly over Weiss shoulder as the latter did homework, "The stuff's all getting fixed as fast as it can."

Suddenly all four girls' scrolls started pinging at once. Weiss had her's closest at hand and checked the text message immediately.

"'Students please report to classroom 103 to discuss a possible method of financially facilitating the Vale rebuilding effort.'" Weiss read aloud.

"Huh," Yang muttered, "Guess I was wrong. Let's go."


When Team RWBY made it down to the designated classroom, what they found inside was Professor Goodwitch and Weiss' sister Winter standing at the teacher's podium looking vaguely embarrassed and disgruntled, facing a small seated crowd of students from all four Hunter Academies. But what was really curious was that only female students and administrators were present.

Team RWBY meandered over to the closest row of four seats available side-by-side, and Ruby found herself sitting next to that senior-looking girl from Haven, wasn't Cinder her name? She was looking extremely sulky and impatient, as she had for the past few weeks.

"Hey," Ruby offered in greeting. Cinder's only reply was to turn her head just enough that the corner of one golden eye blazed balefully down at Ruby through a curtain of silky black hair.

"I hate that we didn't get to do the tournament either." Ruby continued unfazed, "Maybe if we're lucky we'll get to bring up ways to try to make it happen soon during the meeting." Cinder just turned her eyes forward again, not sparing the bother to take her frustrations out on the naive young girl.

"Alright, that should be everyone." Gylnda Goodwitch started talking at the front of the room. "Attention ladies! If I could have your cooperation for just a few minutes, there is a matter of great importance to address in regards to the interrupted Vytal Festival."

"Now to lay out the background, I have good news to report: the opening in Vale's defenses caused by the White Fang has finally been properly closed, and the city repairs will conincide with the end of the school year later this week. After that, the state of emergency will be lifted and everyone will be free to go home." There was a small smattering of cheers at that information.

"Now concerning the Festival..." Gylna continued, "As you all know, the second attack occurred just before the beginning of the weekend student tournament, and the damage to the colosseum was too extensive to allow for use of it afterwards. The city council has allowed a set amount of funds to be diverted into repairing it aside from the rest of the damage. Here's the bad news; the repairs were more expensive than anticipated, and the city has decided not to subsidize repairs any more." Groans and mutters abounded after that declaration.

"However!" Glynda's voice cut through the din, "The only still-incomplete repairs are the replacement of some of the electronic safety and match-monitoring devices, which would be quick to put in place and are relatively low-cost, so we here in Beacon have been given the option to raise the last bit of money needed ourselves." This time the girls voiced some mild acquiescence to the prospect.

"Now see," Glynda went on, suddening reddening, "The thing is-well... the choice of how to raise funds was voted on by the administrators here at Beacon, and the option that won out, that I was not in favor of might I say, was... ah-"

"Ungh." Winter Schnee sighed and stepped forward, "They want you girls to perform striptease to raise the funds." There was definite uproar at that announcement.

"Ladies please!" Gylnda raised her voice over what she thought to be the affronted protests of the students. "I know how bad that sounds but you must at least hear us OUT!" This final shout was punctuated by a slap of her crop on the teacher's desk and a ripple of telekinetic energy to quell the uproar.

"Ahem." Glynda composed herself before continuing to speak. "The logic the proponents of this 'proposal' used was that there are few more lucrative avenues of soliciting money from the public than this. An amateur... 'exotic dancer' earns on average a little over 300 lien per night in Vale, if the numbers I was shown are to be believed.

"The cost to finish repairs on the colosseum is 275,000 lien. If all of you agree to stay and work the weekends, we could raise that much in about two-and-a-half months, giving us just enough time to implement the repairs and host the tournament before summer ends.

"Each of you here is a huntress-in-training; you are all healthy, physically fit, very attractive, and mature young ladies trained to perform missions without complaint and who have no reason to be ashamed of their bodies. No one will be to participate in this endeavor; but be warned that if this event succeeds without you, you will not be invited back to partake in the tournament."

Glynda heaved a hard breath, "If it makes you feel better, Specialist Schnee and myself will be 'performing' to raise funds alongside you girls, and you are encouraged to call in any outside help you can find to speed the process along."

"That is all; if you agree to this course of action, report to the auditorium Wednesday evening to receive the addresses of the venues that have agreed to work with us, costume fitting, and a home-training kit for-well, for pole dancing." Glynda cleared her throat, struggling to keep in her mortification, "You are all dismissed."

So how do all the girls take the news?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)