More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by enthusiast enthusiast

What's next?

Virus Hiatus !

Debbi was bored. She had not given much thought to living alone. At this stage of her life it had not seemed such a big deal. She was fortunate to be able to afford such a nice comfortable house, albeit a modest one. And under normal circumstances she did not spend a lot of time there anyway, what with work and socialising. But these were far from normal circumstances. This bloody virus ! Lock down...self isolation...social distancing...work from home.

She was bored. There had been conference calls for a couple of days to start with but then work tailed off anyway as all economic activity ground to a halt. She was only allowed trips to the supermarket and for a run around the block once a day. She was slightly ashamed at how ill equipped she was to cope with only having herself for company. She signed up to a streaming service but after one binge session with the box sets, the novelty of that wore off. Maybe she should learn how to read books other than technical manuals ? She certainly needed to wean herself off of clicking on too much news coverage that was unremittingly grim. Perhaps she ought to take up a home exercise regime ?

Diane was bored. She missed being able to feed off the flattery of her peers. She missed being able to toy with her prey Debbi. She wondered what that silly cow was doing to fill her time in this modified universe. Then she remembered the bug on Debbi's laptop. A project to pass her time suddenly presented itself ! She was sure she could manage to activate that again. She was pretty sure that Debbi would not have changed her habit of leaving the laptop open all the time. Maybe she could catch something embarrassing to share with her mailing list ?

( Author's note : Feeling something of a virus hiatus myself currently but hope to get around to continuing the other ongoing threads. But updates may be slower coming than usual. Stay home, stay safe ! )

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)