More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Peri2g Peri2g

Where would you like to go?

To the Market District

After some consideration, you decided to visit the marketplace. Despite having been here a full week you had barely even begun to explore the town. The shock of being deposited in an alien world had driven your mind into an odd sort of place of detachment. You had become a spectator, and the rest of the world seemed to fly by too quickly for you to take in all the detail. Today was different, you decided, as you set out from the front porch and into the heart of the city.

Despite the house being built on one of the smaller byways of the town, it still had multiple traders and suppliers passing by, either on their way to or back from the country loaded down with produce, casks, furs, or other common goods. On the rarest occasion however you could catch site of a witch or wizard. Their eclectic and brightly colored carts would tumble down the road, clattering and ringing with the sounds of a thousand magical toys and trinkets. It was always enjoyable to see them, but those small carts could never have prepared you for the cacophony of sound and light that danced through the city's market district ahead.

The humble log cabins became stout brick buildings and soon tall stone or marble structures. At the base of each of them were signs, lights, banners, or salesmen proclaiming the necessity of their wares. There were many tents and alleys filled with people selling foods, clothing, and more, but you had what you needed. Your interest drew you further down the road where auctioneers shouted out bids and goaded buyers into higher and higher prices.

A few of their shouts reach your ears. "trained," and "beauty," and another quieter shout that illicits a roar of laughter from the predominantly male patrons.

Still, perhaps there's something worth investigating in this district of the market? Your eyes turn to a sign with a shining needle and thread. "Witches stitch." It proclaims. It's a surprisingly quiet and empty building compared to the rest of the bustling street.

And still another alley with intricate, though ancient banners, depicting sigils and signs of unknown meaning. Something about the aura of the nook is enchanting.

You could also just keep looking.

Where should I go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)