More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by gorel29 gorel29

What's next?

The seven are called.

Taking flight after being bothered by the metal insects, Eternicus kept himself hidden within the cover of the clouds, his massive wings gusting mist and plumes of clouds around him to keep himself hidden from prying eyes. There he hovered, deep in thought over the circumstances of his awakening and what to do. The last he left this world there were civilizations scattered across the continent, some even worshiping him as some deity before he grew bored of the attention. The Atlanteans stood prominently in his memories, tiny though they were, they held him in reverence. Perhaps if they still existed, they would provide him with insight on what had become of his children.

Then he heard something. The same whistle in the air alerted him to another metal insect flying his way. Narrowing his eyes, he waited for the thing to become visible, spotting it mid-flight cutting through the clouds heading in a direction across from the clouds he hid inside of. If it noticed the massive silver and gold dragon, it did not show it. Curious, Eternicus left his hiding place in the clouds and followed the massive airliner, surprised that it did not try to dart or change course like the smaller metal insects that attacked him. Flying closer, he managed to get a better look at the thing and found it was not a creature but a machine of sorts. Hollow inside with ports that could be seen into. Looking closer he spotted small glass ports where tiny people looked up at him with awe and surprise. The few dozens gathering at the windows to see the massive creature flying parallel with them in the air. It was only when he finally came close to see the passengers that the airliner tilted and changed course, almost sluggishly to get away. Stopping in mid air, Eternicus paused.

“Tiny lives… Tiny precious lives…”

He had made a terrible mistake. Changing direction, Eternicus flew back to where he fought the metal insects previously. The ones who made the error of attacking him and paid the ultimate price. Reaching the smoking crater and landing on the ground, he looked down to find the scant survivors of his wrath. Tiny mammals no larger than one of his glimmering scales screamed and scattered at the sight of him, some collapsing to the ground as if surrendering themselves to a second doom ready to fall on them from the same creature. Spreading his wings and breathing in, it looked like that would be the case. Then, something happened. Opening its mouth, the lustrous gold and silver dragon cast an intense white light over the crater from its mouth, bathing the entire area in soft warm light. Dust began to gather, glittering and made from the white light overhead took human forms, becoming solid and gaining definition and animation until the dust became people. The people Eternicus unintentionally killed. Some appeared in mid stride, as if their last memories were of running from something, others stood up from the ground, looking down at their hands and feeling their faces. Trying to make sense of it all. Confused, stunned, elated, the area was very quickly filled with the thousands that had been killed by Eternicus’s rage, reborn with the same power that destroyed them.

Looking down at his handy work, Eternicus grinned at the sight of thousands of humans looking up and around, unable to grasp what just happened. Standing in the crater of what used to by the airbase and neighbouring town, it pleased the massive dragon to find the lives he had taken brought back. Flapping his wings, the massive dragon took to the air, leaving a town’s population baffled at what just happened as the dragon flew up and out of sight.

Returning to the clouds overhead, Eternicus flew and looked down at the landscape below him.

Reaching out with his mind again, the massive white scaled dragon sought out into the cosmos to feel the essence of his children; the red wyrm, the yellow serpent, the blue drake, none replied. Instead he could feel their essence kept alive, scattered, splintered, but there. Zamaron, Oa, Nok, Okaara. There he could feel where their essence was most concentrated. Closing his eyes once more, Eternicus gave off a roar that was so powerful it broke the clouds. But it was not just sound. All at once his call travelled across the stars, faster than light and echoing out over the dark sea of space.

*

Planet Zameron…

“What’s going on?!” Cried out Carol Ferris, leader of the Star Sapphire corps as she and the rest of the lanterns took to the sky to see their lantern core shine brighter than it ever had in its history on the home world of the Star Sapphire corps. Its battery cracking to the build up of pressure within thrashing to get free.

Miri Riam and Miss Bloss gasped at the sight of the violet light battery cracking and breaking apart. “I have no idea!” Then it happened, exploding with intense violet light, the lanterns stood and hovered in awe at the sense of adoration and longing that basked over them from the column of light, forming wings before disappearing into the night’s sky. Seeing the essence of the star sapphire corps leave the planet, the violet lanterns were not horrified by the event, instead the overflowing sense of love still lingered even after the violet light died out in the ruined core.

“It… It’s going somewhere…” Whispered Miri, clutching at her chest as the warmth in her heart still hadn’t gone away.

Clutching her own chest to feel her beating heart, Carol closed her eyes, picturing Hal Jordon in her mind with a warm smile. “Hal… It’s going to where Hal is...” Reaching out with her other hand, her ring opened a portal to Earth, bridging Zameron to her native home planet.

“Where love goes, we follow…”

*

Planet Okaara…

“NO! No, no, no, NO, no, no, no!” Screamed Larfreeze after finding his orange battery core shattered in his vast treasure hoard, fumbling with the pieces, and biting into the gold in his anxiety attack. The lone orange lantern screamed and raved out loud while his many orange light constructs stared down at him freaking out. “Where’s my battery power? Who stole it? WHO?! It is mine! MINE! MINE!!!”

Dropping the gold remains of his lantern battery to the pile of gold and jewels, Larfreeze sniffed at the floor, trying to pick up anything of the thief who stole his battery energy. Still mumbling out “It’s mine! MINE!” To himself the entire time until he shot back up to his feet, darting his attention to his minions.

“Well? Didn’t you see where it went?”

Getting vacant shrugs from the other orange lantern constructs, Larfreeze grew more frantic and angrier.

“FIND IT! Yes, yes, FIND IT! Find MY battery!!!” Taking to the air, Larfreeze flew off into space with his minions in tow, seeking the orange lantern light that now travelled the stars to a new destination.

*

Planet Nok…

Indigo One looked up with a sigh of relief escaping from her lips, the other indigo lanterns either giving the same look of quite understanding or on their knees, weeping, although not in sorrow. An intense indigo light filled the chamber the battery was stored in, taking the shape to that of a reptile and sprouting wings. There was a moment where all the lanterns felt a gentle presence rest on their shoulders before the winged gecko entity spread its wings and disappeared. The chamber still filled with the light of compassion until it died out, but still felt strongly by the lanterns present.

“We understand, to where you go, we shall follow.” Looking to each other, the indigo lanterns took flight, following the source of their core. Following it to Earth.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)