More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Wikia Wikia

Which tribe will we visit?

The Ozymandaic Tribes of the Phantom Desert

The Phantom Desert is a hot, dry region of the world filled with shifting desert dunes and the scorching sun, various lost temples of once great civilizations, treasures from all over the world and monsters that tunnel through the sand.

Cutting through the desert like a scar (or perhaps a miracle) sits the Great Oasis Osiri and the Lonely Nile that pours from it, providing life-giving water and renewed soil for this otherwise unforgiving land they call home. Along the Great Oasis and the Nile that springs from it live various cities and nomadic tribes of various species and origins.

The first city-state Horus-Re is the home of the Ra - a species of people with falcon-like heads and sleek, almost fur-like feathers that cover their skin - sits on the west, and is the city best known for its craftsmen and its Sun-worshipping religion. The second city-state Djehuti sit to the south as home to the Thoth - an Ibis-headed species - best known for its scholars and astrologists. The third city-state Ailuros to the east for the Baat - cat people - that act as a city best known for its distilleries, theater and brothels.

Many other smaller towns and camps sit beyond the oasis along the nile, like the Jackel-headed people of Anubi and their farmers, the baboon-men of Babi and even the bandits and outcasts that hide in the rotting ruins of the Necropolis far from the luxury of the Lonely Nile's banks.

For now, there is peace among the tribes and states. Without need for armor, the people wear very little. In the heat of the desert, there is little need for any man, woman or child to cover their bodies, clothes only ever needed for protection with armor or ceremonial robes when entertaining their gods. The gods are content, so what ever loving, benign activity they wish to do with themselves and each other is allowed.

Where shall our story begin?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)