More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Recreate Recreate

What happens next?

The Men Approach Amelia

"Will you be alright on your own with those two?" Lexy asked, turning her head to the two men in the corner. "I can wait around until they go, if you need me to."

"I'll be fine. Thanks though."

Lexy smiled and turned for the door, blonde hair swaying behind her as she left.

The door closed behind her, and shortly after, the two men who had said little all night rose from their chairs, approaching Amelia at the bar.

She covered her mouth as she yawned. She was ready to close up for the night and get to bed, hopefully they weren’t going to stick around too much longer.

“Nice place you got here,” one of the men said. He had a shiny, bald head and was short and stocky. His eyes were dark, deep creases in his forehead. He licked around his lips.

“Thanks, I’m glad you like it. Can I get you fellas another drink?”

“Sure thing, babe,” the other man said. He was much taller, skinny, with dark hair that fell to his shoulders. There voices sounded almost identical, deep accents, Octoton.

She poured them both another tankard, hoping they’d finish them soon. She’d love to just turn them away, but she needed every penny to keep this place running. This time of year, it was tough to stay open.

“Care to join us?” the bald man offered as they both sat on a stool at the bar in front of her.

“Sure, why not?” Amelia poured herself a drink, remaining standing in front of them. If she couldn’t go to bed yet, she might as well. “So, where are you guys from?”

“Octoton.”

Amelia nodded. She knew the sort. They had the accents. The mention of the place made her feel a little uneasy though.

“So, what brings you to Novilla?”

The men shared a glance, then a smirk. “You.”

Her heart caught in her mouth. She’d just been about to take a sip of her drink, but only the froth reached her lips. She lowered the tankard to the bar, placing it down gently and looking from one man to the other.

What are they here for?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)