More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by cutie569 cutie569

Which Item of Power, feel free to add your own as there are an infinate number..

The Mask of Mesmer

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52882411608_1af814eef7_o.jpg

No one knows just how this artifact came to be, but its purpose is simple enough.

Like any good mask, the mask conceals the wearers identity, making them completely unremarkable to those around them. In the modern day, this means that videos and photos capture a general humanoid shape and a quiet unintelligible voice.

While impressive this is not the limits of the mask's abilities. Despite the simple design, those who meet the bearer's gaze find themselves utterly transfixed unaware of anything but the captivating eyes. Some groups have even claimed to see glowing eyes that held them enthralled, despite there being no physical way to create such an effect.

Of course, the eyes are not the end. The voice is also enhanced. Whispers slither into the deepest part of the mind, arguments sound more convincing no matter how ridiculous, and commands are more readily obeyed.

Of course with great power comes great caveats. Be wary when donning the mask, because if one overuses it... or underutilizes its power... well, the mask may decide to stay with you.

Maybe until it's satisfied.

Maybe until your .

Maybe... until forever.

So... Whose hands is the mask in?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)