More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ShadeWriter ShadeWriter

Which Item of Power, feel free to add your own as there are an infinate number..

Tech-S3XXX Orb

This was another idea I saw elsewhere but because the site is so awkward to navigate, I figured I'd take the idea on a spin over here for others. This was over on the BEArchive adventure cyoc story, and the OG writer is/was Sirka. I'll remove this is they contact me or this is a problem.

In a galaxy or time far far removed from our own, there was a civilization that had artificial life. The androids were custom designed and upgraded often times on the spot to better suit the needs of those around them or to fit into the environment. This long forgotten civ had designed a special robotic surveyor to monitor the various robots and androids on the worlds of a vast star nation. When a problem was detected, the Orb would link to the subject and quickly apply one of a select patches to better suit the subject.

Of course no Civ lasts forever and during an event lost to time and space, their worlds faced a great cosmic upheaval. Ships were sent to safer worlds, entire sectors lost, and systems backed up, saved, and crammed into anything that had memory. Of course this also meant by mistake these monitor Orbs being filled with Terabytes of data.

Data that, when combined with the disruption the Cosmic event had on a ship transporting a collection of these orbs; had some dire results as they fell through a hole in space time.

Now these orbs drift through the multiverse, seeking to correct errors and provide patches to the malfunctioning units they find... but no longer able to discern their charges from the organic life around them. And that distinction no longer mattering in the slightest as they could turn flesh into liquid metal, bio organic skin, or other forms of robotic

And the 'Change the target to suit the needs around them' part of their programing seems to have been.... rather glitched.

As an example; a unit failing at a water resort would be upgraded with flotation devices, underwater sensors, and the like.

A glitched Orb however would upgrade that same unit into...., a pleasure doll mermaid. Complete with massive flotation devices on the chest.

Seems the 'needs of those around a unit' also includes sexual needs and tends to favor including those into the upgrades.

A hotel manager upgraded into a brother madam with a head for business, a rough tough biker gal morphed into a race queen able to please both drivers and repair cars, or a religious member turned into a robotic angel capable of helping 'purge sins'. There's many ways of how the orb can convert and upgrade a target.

Currently an orb was floating through time and space before getting caught in a portal and flung towards... somewhere.

Where's an Orb landing?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)