More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MeedrowH MeedrowH

Preserve identity? Or create a new one?

Standard isekai, standard start [MeedrowH]

“Can we just do it the normal way? My body, just fit it in, the standard norm?” I’ve watched enough isekai animes to know how this works. Or, I at least thought I knew. What were the odds that I was off here?

“Are you sure? There are many races you can choose to become in that world.”

“Honestly, I’m not sure if I want to change my race. I know, new experiences could be really nice, but… what if I find the new race to be… unfitting? I’ve been a human for past 18 years, I’ve gotten quite used to this.”

“I see.” I could swear that I saw an outline of a feminine figure nod towards me in the darkness. “So shall it be done. You will be treated as if you’ve always been a part of that world. Do you also wish to receive necessary information?”

“…why wouldn’t I?”

“There are many who find it thrilling to try and live their live while learning about the world they are supposed to know of.” For some reason, I could swear I heard a chuckle in there.

“…”

“In the end, it’s your choice. I’ve sent countless thousands to different worlds, but by no means does it mean it’s objectively better to only keep your memories or to give you extra set of one. It depends on you, and I won’t meddle in your decision.”

“…then what about the silver lining?”

“You mean a little bit of both worlds? Keep your memories, and give yourself just the bare minimum of information needed to not be treated like a crazy person?”

“Precisely.” I tried to nod again. “If it’s possible, of course.”

“It will be done.” I heard a reassuring response. “Then, are you ready to begin?”

“Just one question. Will I have any contact with you in that world? Just in case I need something explained?”

“Taking precautions, I see. While you won’t have direct way of contacting me, in that world many worship me as Anila, the Goddess of Light and Prosperity. If you pray at a church which worships me, you will be able to connect with me briefly. In that time, you’ll be able to ask your questions and receive answers. But don’t overuse it. Divine power descending too much onto you will have serious side effects.”

“Alright… I guess.” I tried to shrug. “Can we start now?”

“Very well.” I felt the darkness swirl all around me like a water typhoon. In a way, I felt like I was getting flushed down a toilet as I started feeling gravity weigh on me, getting pulled down into nothingness as I heard the voice speak for the last time:

“May you live a fulfilling life this time around, Tooru.”

And then, there was nothing. I was falling for some long seconds, until finally, I hit my bed. It felt kind of like those dreams when you feel like you’re falling. I sat up on my bed, feeling thick duvet shift its weight on my body. The air was… a little cold, honestly, as I took a look around, and suddenly noticed a head sticking into my locum through the ajar door.

The girl had wavy, black hair, somewhere around shoulder length or so, if I had to guess at first glance. A small nose and ears looked suspiciously familiar… until I felt some memories reverberate in my head. The times when we hung out, climbing on trees or running through fields, how in early years, we were inseparable. She eyed me with her black eyes, and suddenly, parted her lips.

“You up?” Her voice was… serene, in a way. It had a nice ring to it, kind of a one that made me feel like I was at home.

“…hey Mari.” The flood of information has finally stopped when I realized her name. Mari Otosaka… my twin sister. Well, she was older by like a minute or so, not that it mattered.

“Time for sleep has ended, little bro.” I heard a little melody in her tone. “You wouldn’t want to be late for our initiation~…”

“I’m up, I’m up.” I replied quickly, shaking whatever there was left of any sleeping haze off. Or maybe of shock? Who cared. “Care to leave?”

“Don’t be late for breakfast~.” She chuckled lightly as she closed the door.

I took a breath. Then another one.

I HAVE A SISTER NOW?!

Unexpected

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)