More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Which character do you wish to follow?

Some Background (For Writers)

If you are looking to add to the story but are not sure how and where to begin, you have come to the right place!

This page gives some added guidelines for writing and background to the version of Ponyville in which the tales take place, read on if you would like to know more.

(Warning, spoilers common and unmarked ahead!)


A


B


C


3


2


1


Contact!


OK, if you have scrolled past the 'Spoiler Buffer' I am assuming you don't mind having the occasional plot point revealed ahead of time and also are wanting to contribute to the story: never the less, I am going to lay out the additional contribution guidelines FIRST, just in case you missed the warning above.

1: Thread Titles and Placement

When creating a thread from the top page or section page for a new story-line, you should mark it with a numeric identifier: such as 'Applejack (1)' then if that already exists 'Applejack (2)', 'Applejack (3)' and so on.

The 'Top Threads' for the 'Mane Six' and other major recurring characters like Big Macintosh, Zecora, Princess Luna, Discord, etc and so on, go on layer 2, right off the top thread, as do sub threads for other types of character, such as Background Ponies, OCs, and 'Time Skipped' threads for any of the foals in the show once they are grown and start experiencing the seasonal intense arousal each night during the early part of spring.

Other 'Top Threads' for other story lines need to be filed under their own sections: Original Characters to the 'OCs' section, 'Time Skipped' threads to the 'Time Skip' section and so forth.

2: Temporal Framework

Unless a thread is filed under the 'Time Skip' section or has progressed a very long way in terms of internal chronology it is assumed to take place in early spring of Twilight's 4th year in Ponyville, immediately following the events depicted in the FIRST 'Equestria Girls' movie and her ascension to the status of Alicorn. This means the path back and forth to Canterlot High* in the 'humanoid' universe has not been established and none of the events of Season 4 onward have yet occurred. The 'Elements of Harmony' are still in play, Twilight has never managed a country, she still can't fly worth a tinker's dam, etc, etc, etc.
*(See the 'Disambiguation Notes' bellow.)

This also means that any characters which are foals at that point in the series are still foals, and under the TOU of CHYOA cannot be involved in sex scenes in any way, though as in a few cases that have already shown up can be involved in other scenes, and make particularly good tools to break up a romantic scene that you don't want getting to a sexual encounters just yet... (Nothing to spoil a romantic evening like a child, right everyone? All you parents out there know what I'm talking about...) The exception to this part of the rules is the 'Time Skip' section: which is there specifically for people who want to see Scootaloo and Applebloom get it on or something, but which (and I wholly agree with this requirement), cannot happen till they are 18 years old.

3: Branching Stories and 'Canon'

Simply put, each split in a thread string can be assumed to be a 'parallel universe' from each other thread string. Only what has been stated in the preceding threads and this thread or approved threads stemming from it has any bearing on what is going on in the thread you are working on: which brings us nicely to...


Ponyville After Dark Canon

I will warn you one final time that this section contains spoilers: you have been warned.

1: Ardent Flowers, spring, and the 'Winds of Love'

The Ardent Tree, fairly common deep in the Everfree Forest but as yet uncatalogued by botanists, blooms for about 2 weeks each over 1.5 months in the early spring, which in the Everfree, as opposed to the pony regulated weather systems of Equestria proper, begins to happen some time in early March, but takes about one to one and a half months to fully affect all regions of the forest, which is why the ponies set March First as the beginning of the regulated spring season: the 'Winter Wrap Up' holiday.

The tree's gross taxonomy is similar to the willow, and during it's blooming season grows small pink and blue flowers with six heart shaped petals, which in turn produce massive quantities of airborne pollen to pollinate the other Ardent Trees. An unknown but important quality of this pollen is that it is one of the few actual aphrodisiacs in the world, and trace amounts of it inhaled by an adult mare or stallion cause involuntary arousal, though more than trace amounts always produce a violent allergic reaction: frequently being fatal, one of the reasons it remains uncatalogued.

Ardent flower pollen also has another serious side effect: if inhaled in small doses by a chronologically mature but not physiologically mature member of certain non-pony species, it causes sudden and violent magically enhanced physical maturation and mutation of the individual so affected in addition to the normal results of inhaling the pollen. Species so effected include Cockatrice, Hydras, Dragons, Basilisks, Chimera, Amphyres, Wyrms, and Linorms.

Because of the magical fields of the Everfree when the Ardent Trees bloom alternating updrafts and downdrafts well up around each tree carrying the pollen above the treetops where it scatters over the landscape and then is sucked down onto the flowers of other Ardent Trees to produce their sweet but poisonous blackberry like fruit and the seeds within. (Poisonous to ponies anyway, some species of animals native to the Everfree can eat them with no ill effects, and gladly do, scattering the seeds in their guano.) However SOME of the pollen get's carried above the level of the downdrafts and a few hours later out of the Everfree into the ground level air of Ponyville by the prevailing winds. Ardent Tree's blooms open in the late afternoon and close with sunset, so the early pollen reaches Ponyville and environs around nightfall and the last of it some time around dawn.

As the season goes on fewer and fewer Ardent Trees are still in bloom and those that are have fewer flowers so the doses of the aphrodisiac pollen reaching Ponyville attenuate and it's effects decrease, making the first two weeks the most intense in terms of the unaccountable arousal felt by ponies in the area at night that time of year.


1


2


3


4


5


6


7


8


9


This Way to the Egress!

Which Sub-Page do you wish to view? (WARNING: Any Sub-Page May Contain Spoilers!)

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)