More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Peithos Peithos

What power do you wish to explore?

Skill Crafting

((Inspired by the anime The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter, because it’s just such a perfect setup for a CHYOA story with the LP Conversion variant))

((The words ‘skill’, ‘power’, and ‘ability’ are used interchangeably here, and can mean something mundane like Dancing, or superhuman like Gravity Manipulation))

Skill Crafting

How it works: Any power or skill you can imagine can be crafted and granted to yourself, theoretically. Manipulate your own capabilities like RPG stats, and build up your abilities over time.

Limitations: More powerful skills/powers require more Life Points (LP) to be created. An entirely mundane skill may cost as little as 50-100, while a powerful and/or versatile power might be 2000-10,000.

Being reduced below a few hundred can feel exhausting, and if you ever reach zero LP, you will *die within moments*. To recover LP (up to 1000), you’ll need to eat & rest. Anything more than that will require some of the variants like LP Conversion.

Variants

(Because of the nature of Get Creative, variants not chosen at the start can be added later at a significant LP cost)

Bestow: You can give skills/powers to other living beings.

Enchant: You can give skills/powers to objects, effectively making magic items. Their abilities can be used by anyone wielding/using them, as well as applying to the item itself.

Editor: You can alter the skills/powers of yourself or others, whether they’re natural or bestowed by you. A small change is easier than a large change, either in raw power or in the wording that defines the ability. You may even delete an ability (useful against an opponent), though it requires the same amount of LP that it would to grant that ability.

LP Conversion: In addition to your body’s own recuperation, LP can be recovered in several additional ways. For each of these LP Conversion methods, the quality of the experience determines how much LP is recovered:

  • Intimate/sexual behavior with another person. The more pleasure/satisfaction either of you get from it, and/or the more it pushes (or violates) the boundaries of what either of you are comfortable with, the more LP you gain.
  • Enjoyment of a heartfelt, delightful meal. The more satisfying the food, and/or the more care that went into its preparation, the more LP you gain.
  • Satisfaction of monetary and material desires.
  • Fulfillment of other desires and wishes.

Amplification: You can expend LP to temporarily boost your physical capabilities, or any skill/ability.

Synergy: You can combine multiple skills/powers to create a more powerful ability (at a lower LP cost than creating the ability from scratch).

Evolution: Your skills/powers can evolve with use over time, becoming more powerful (more quickly and to a greater level than just normal practice and improvement would allow) or gaining new abilities. Evolution of a new ability happens at a lower LP cost than creating the ability from scratch.

Transmutation: You can transform one skill/power into another, provided you have the necessary LP. The more different the two skills/powers are, the more LP is required to make the transformation.

Skill Sharing: You can temporarily share your skills/powers with others, allowing them to use them as if they possessed them. Sharing skills/powers requires a significant amount of LP (but less than Bestowing them permanently) and can be physically and emotionally draining.

Wielder, power variant, and motive?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)