More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Pipelqu@ Pipelqu@

Who or What do you choose to be?

Sigurd Ulfin, a werewolf who wants on the red hoods.

(https://i.ibb.co/jTbgkC0/map.jpg)

On a dark night, in the depths of a large and deep forest, near the border between the Srirzi and Szilsian empires. in the north of the mountain of the 2 stars, the there is an unnatural valley surrounded by a sea of trees in which stood a huge castle.

That place was the temple of white stone, so called because of the characteristic color of the stone from which it was built.

That sacred building was one of the many shrines of the goddess Rose, goddess of love, light and purity.

Although for anyone who saw that building, they would most likely think that the place was a fortress rather than a shrine dedicated to the worship of the goddess of love.

And those who thought that would not be entirely wrong, since that was its function during the war of the sons of Fenrir hundreds of years ago. Even the land of that same plain is witness to one of the fiercest battles fought at that time. Even today, the remains of corpses, both of humans and evil beasts, that were not cleared from the then battlefield, lay hidden beneath the earth.

But that was ancient history. The war ended long ago, the forces of evil were defeated along with their god and peace was brought by Rose and maintained by her followers.

Today, what was once a fortress had been remodeled a few years after the end of the war into a place of worship and profession of faith. And now, it was mostly silent, for today was a special occasion for the worship of the goddess Rose, as that night of the full moon was the initiation ritual for the novices of the order of the red hood.

An order of religious devotees who functioned as the priests and paladins of the goddess Rose. The members of this order were the foremost warriors of mankind in ancient times and the main enemies of the offspring of Fenrir, the evil wolf god.

On this initiation night, at least 18 years of age, the novices (who wore white cloaks) had the opportunity to officially swear to serve their goddess and only their goddess, regardless of the status or kingdom of origin of the members of the order.

This oath meant promising before the eyes of Rose:

  • To serve their faith
  • To protect mankind from the evil that lurks and creeps in the darkness
  • And above all, like the goddess herself, to promise eternal chastity, refusing to have sexual relations with any man or woman.

Through this ceremony, the novices and apprentices abandoned their white cloaks (which symbolized their innocence, immaturity and inexperience in the eyes of the order) and went on to wear red cloaks like the one worn by their goddess in her dubious representations. These sacred garments were symbols that made them officially part of the order.

But at the same time that inside the temple a comfortable and sacred ceremony was taking place, outside, in the cold interperie, were the temple guards, who were simple soldiers completely alien to the order.

In the temple of the white stone beyond the temple devotees and priests, were the people outside the red hoods.

Army soldiers who were simply sent there by the governments followers of the goddess Rose. Either because she was their main goddess or because her cult was one that had significant relevance and influence in their countries.

Even so, it cannot be denied that many of those guards, in spite of not belonging to the order nor being part of the temples, if they were believers and followers of the goddess Rose.

And among all those soldiers who stand guard tonight, we will focus on 2 of them.

"ahh~~" yawned a man in the center standing on the wall surrounding that white shrine.

"hey, don't yawn on guard" said another man next to him, nudging his companion standing next to him.

These two men in armor and spears were some of the many temple guards that were scattered along the wall that surrounded the temple like a ring.

In it, a few soldiers were spread out to guard the walls, who were ordered to simply remain at their posts until the changing of the guard.

The wall itself, apart from the occasional fire that provided warmth and some illumination, was empty.

In the old days, those walls had defense towers with war machinery, wooden cages around them, moats at the foot of the wall, and a drawbridge that connected the fortress with the outside.

Since mankind won the war of the sons of Fenrrir and the place became a temple, many of those defenses were dismantled for their lack of usefulness and purpose.

Now, on the walls there were only a few square structures that functioned as guard posts and were only used to keep watch when the weather was not good.

"tsk, don't bother" complained the first man while "being on guard during the night is horrible, and you know it" replied the first one, in an annoyed tone "there is not even anyone around, what's the problem if I yawn?" he asked turning to one side and the other, contemplating the whole wall of the fortress that his eyes could see, showing that indeed there was no one around in that dark night.

"Henriks, we have been assigned to stand guard during the night, during a very important ceremony and when the temple is " he said in a proud and formal tone. It was as if he was giving a motivational talk. "if we are here it is because they recognize our devotion and commitment to the goddess Rose and because they know they can trust us" he said as he held a hand to his chest and looked up at the stars in an almost dramatic way. it even seemed that some curious sparkles appeared near his eyes as he made a serious face.

"no, Kelv" replied Henriks quickly "we are here because YOU! were the stupid one who raised your hand when they asked who wanted to be on duty today" he stressed to his friend and cutting off his dramatic monologue. "During lunch I only took my eyes off you for a second and you were already enlisted in the night duty shifts. Can't you just not be the one to volunteer for everything just once?" thought Henriks as he recalled that afternoon's lunch.

"I only volunteered to be on call anyway, why did you sign up too?" questioned Kelv to his partner.

"because we're friends" he said as he gave him a friendly tap on the shoulder "...and~~, someone has to watch out for you so you don't do something silly" he suggested as he left his spear propped up on one of the scaffolding on the wall and stretched a bit.

"Nonsense? Like you flirting with a member of the order of red hoods?" replied Kelv, to which his friend only froze as he was reminded of that moment.

It is true that the guy had tried to flirt with one of the red hoods of the temple. The stupid thing about that attempt was that, apparently at that moment he had forgotten the characteristic chastity of those priestesses.

The only thing the poor guy got in response to the beers and the not so light insinuations he gave to that woman, was a slap, a scolding and being sentenced to wash the toilets and stables of the temple.

He was lucky, once there was a fool who spanked one and as punishment they ended up cutting off his hands.

"How is it that trying to pick up a cutie like that can be silly? ¿AH?, you saw how pretty she was, didn't you see those tits?" he mentioned while gesturing with his hands in front of his chest to emphasize the size of those breasts, which by his gestures, looked like they were D cup or bigger "she was worth the try!".

Kelv was dumbfounded, he didn't know if his friend was now telling him that as a joke or if he was serious. ""for love of Rose, how can you be such an idiot?"" he thought. "You know Henriks, just shut up. Shut up and let's complete this watch shall we?" said the long haired man as he massaged the bridge of his nose with a bit of irritation.

"sure, because there's nothing more fun than watching a boring forest, in the middle of the cold night" he said with obvious sarcasm. "besides what are we guarding against?" he asked as he leaned against one of the battlements of the wall "ahhh~~, who would dare attack a temple of _Rose_?" he asked after yawning lazily "no matter how many tensions there are between the kingdoms, no one would tamper with or touch a single stone of any temple, chapel or church of the goddess Rose"

"you know perfectly well who" answered de Kelv in a serious tone. "the sons of the wolf".

"oh, please" said Henriks in a somewhat tired tone and discrediting what his friend proposed "you know that the church loves to use stories to scare children to control ignorant people" said his friend while waving his hands dramatically making it look like his friend said something ridiculous. "We did go to school, remember?, and we know perfectly well that when those things lost the war and their god was defeated and captured, their beggars were hunted down and killed, and the few that escaped were expelled to the dead lands" he mentioned while pointing with his hand to a direction on the western horizon "those things must be dead by now, and if not at least skinny, weak and starving? and thousands of miles from here!" he said to his friend, exaggerating that last part to make his point. "Everyone knows that the hunts that the order does are on the border of that area and in nearby villages." he said pointing to the temple where the ceremony was taking place and echoing his shoulders "the biggest danger here, far from all that, are the bears and they don't know how to climb walls."

"Henriks, all that doesn't matter, it's never a good idea to let your guard down" suggested the long haired guard, peering ahead and resuming his lookout position.

"pft, whatever you say" snorted the other guard with a sour face seeing that no matter what he said, Kelvs wouldn't admit that he was right "...but you know what, I already wish a few of those things would show up would that be cool?" he said as he picked up his spear again.

"What?" Kelv blurted out in bewilderment.

"Yeah, if one or the other of them shows up at least these guards wouldn't be so boring," he said with a shrug of his shoulders.

The two men began a light discussion about whether or not the sons of Fenrir should appear. At the same time that exchange of ideas was taking place, something began to change in the atmosphere.

Cold winds began to arrive at the temple.

In the forest, the animals seemed to be starting to alter.

Even the few clouds that were found on that full moon night gave the impression of being affected, moving just enough to block the light provided by the one.

"But really, what do you expect to happen if they show up?" asked Kelv, not understanding his companion's foolish ideas.

"well face them and kill them" said the other while beating his chest and giving a confident smile, "I've heard that one can earn a bag of gold with the alchemists if you deliver an intact head of those beasts."

"that's your motivation?" he asked looking at his friend with a look that practically told him: am I an idiot?

"of course" he said almost offended by the question "women love strong men, especially rich men" he boasted with an exaggerated self-confidence. "You'll see, if I see one of those things I'll kill him in one move" he boasted while making... strange movements in the air that seemed to simulate, attacks? "Besides, it is well known that those beasts are stupid and no different from animals. Those fleas are just like ordinary dogs or wolves, only a little bigger. They would be no problem for me.

Kelv opened his mouth to retort what Herniks said.

*tack ticktick tak*

a mysterious noise made him turn to look at the guard post. with the moon obscured by clouds, they couldn't quite see what it was.

"what was--" *crak*/*slipt*

Henrik's words were cut off after an unpleasant sound of something breaking and then the sound of large amounts of some liquid spilling on the ground.

Kelv turned around at the sound, only to behold what was the silhouette of his friend and something else behind him. Because of the absence of light Kelv could not make out what it was.

But one thing was clear to him.

That whatever it was, it was something about the same height as Henriks but more corpulent, and it had 2 yellow eyes that seemed to glow in the darkness of the night, with wild, piercing eyes that terrified him.

"HEN--" he tried to call out to his companion but was immediately silenced by a large, hairy hand resting on the top of his head, and another on his face, covering his mouth and preventing even a sound from coming out of him.

His brain, even as shaken and startled as he was, was luscious enough to remind him that he had a knife at his waist.

*CRACK*

but before he moved to reach for the weapon, Kelv for some reason saw the world turn upside down and his body no longer reacted. the next second everything went dark.

The bodies of the two men fell dead with a thud. One with his neck broken and his throat having some deep punctures, and the other with his head turned in an unnatural way, until it was almost 180°.

The wind blew again, and in the sky some of the clouds that blocked the moonlight dispersed, leaving the moon hidden behind an even thinner curtain of clouds. the light did not pass through in its entirety, but it allowed a clearer view than before.

with the arrival of more clarity on the wall, the silhouettes that killed those guards were shown to be two werewolves (or sons of Fenrir as the church said).

One was of a coal black coat, of great size (almost 2 meters) and ruby red eyes. He was wearing baggy pants and a matching trench coat that reached a little below his hips.

Meanwhile, the other creature was a bit smaller than the other, had a light brown coat and yellow eyes, he was wearing simple pants, and his chest was almost bare, being covered by a light leather armor with a shoulder pad of the same material on the left side.

"Kid" gave the black furred wolf. His tone was calm, but showed firmness and seriousness, "I was clear when I explained the plan. You were to wait for my signal and not go ahead" he said giving a hard look to the other wolf, who had his claws and fingertips covered in the blood of one of the guards he had just killed.

"Ye-yes sir, it's just that I heard what this fucker was saying about us and I-" the wolf named Beelf began to speak.

![](https://i.ibb.co/0DC5chv/sig-1.jpg)

"Enough. For the moment I will refrain from saying anything or carrying out a physical reprehension, as this is not the best time." he said as he walked towards the wall's guard post as he passed by the young beast. "For now, just open those corpses and let the blood flow."

the brown-furred wolf gulped as he shivered from the oppressive air released by the other "un-understood lord Sigurd" the voice of the small wolf spoke with a slight tone of fear as he used his claws to open large wounds in those bodies, thus spilling much blood that was still left.

He entered the guard post and took the torch that illuminated the place. He walked to the window that led to the inside of the wall and watched the other posts from there.

*snif, sinf*

Sigurd made a gesture with his muzzle when he smelled the scent of blood, "the rest must have smelled it already" he thought as his eyes roamed the entire guard wall.

Beelf entered the post and watched as his leader stood there watching the other watchpoints.

After a few seconds Sigurd finally moved, and in one swift motion he flicked the flame of the torch in his hand against the wall, extinguishing the fire and bringing the room into darkness.

"1...2...3" Sigurd began to count in his mind while at the same time observing attentively the lights that were flickering in all the other guard posts ""8...9...!10!"" as he finished counting, almost at the same moment the lights in the rest of the wall began to go out one by one.

In less than 5 seconds, the entire wall was in complete darkness.

"good" said the yellow-eyed wolf. "He reached into one of the inside pockets of his coat. from there, he pulled out an orange stone with runic engravings and a sheet of paper.

He put the torch back in its place, put one end of the paper near the stone and it soon caught fire.

With the paper extended, he relit the torch and lit up the room again. Which, from the other guard posts, was clearly visible.

Sigurd turned around to see the brown-furred wolf and said only a "let's go" before leaving the room, followed by Beelf. the black-furred wolf walked to the inner edge of the viewing platform and stopped. "I'll give you some advice before we start, kid," he said to the young lycanthrope who was not expecting that. "If you are angry that those humans called us beasts, then don't act like one. If you want control yourself and keep a cool mind to them to get on their knees and ask for forgiveness. A quick is the last thing they deserve".

![](https://i.ibb.co/HnBh4wJ/sig-3.jpg)

Beelf was surprised by his boss's words. as serious and volatile as he had been these last few moons with the planning of this siege, he didn't expect him to give him some kind of advice after scolding him "yes, boss Sigurd. it won't happen again" said the brown wolf, to which the now identified Sigurd nodded his head and then looked at the tempo, jumping off the wall to the floor of the inner courtyard, which was about 15 meters away.

Landing safely on the ground, Sigurd raised his right hand high in the air and opened it wide as he took a deep breath and filled his lungs with air. For a second Beelf could feel a mysterious aura coming from his leader and watched as his eyes glowed with a dark violet light. In the same way, the raised hand of the black-furred Wolf also began to radiate a slight glow, but it was much more subtle and unnoticeable.

That spectacle for Beeld ended when Sigurd punched the air and expelled the air from his lungs in a loud puff.

In an instant, a strong gale suddenly appeared, blowing away both wolves and extinguishing any bonfire, torch or fire that could be a source of illumination for that night. Leaving the outskirts of the temple in complete darkness.

Simultaneously, in the rest of the wall, the corpses of different guards were scattered along the entire length of the wall. All of them killed by several men and women descendants of the god Fenrrir who, hidden at the foot of the wall, climbed the walls and attacked the security at a terrifying speed when they smelled human blood and started the attack. in only seconds, more than 60 werewolves conquered the first defenses of the temple, turning off all the lights of the wall as a sign of having succeeded with that part of the plan.

Now with Sigurd's signal to re-light a wall post and darken the courtyard, everyone began to mobilize to carry out the plan.

Nearby a group of 10 werewolves ran at great speed along the walls to head for the gates of the walls.

The rest of them were heading for the inner courtyard, running across the courtyard in a large group hidden in the shadows towards Rose's illuminated temple.

any unfortunate person who for some reason was in that courtyard at that precise moment, was quickly liquidated, without even being able to make a sound. some, who were still confused and a little frightened by the mysterious wind that obscured everything, had a few seconds to turn in the direction of some strange footsteps that were approaching them, only to see a darkness in which they could barely see some glowing eyes before their heads were crushed or their throats slit.

Soon after advancing towards the temple, Sigurd (who was at the head of the formation) looked to the left and then to the right of the temple, finally giving a gestural command with his hand: "advance".

Without further ado, the wolf pack split into 3. A group of 20 went to the left, another 20 went to the right, and the last 10, led by Sigurd, continued to advance directly to the temple.

"It is time" said a mysterious voice in Sifurd's head, as he made his way to the temple gate.

______________________

author's note: the wolf images in this chapter are taken from the manga :

Jinrou e no tensei, Maou no fukukan: Hajimari no shou

and the map at the beginning is an original one that I created specifically for this story, anyone who wants to use it is free to do so.

¿how the attack next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)