More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Which upgrade does Samus select?

Shortstack Upgrade

"Computer, I'd like to try the Shortstack Upgrade." Samus said, curious to find out what exactly "short stack" meant. Seconds later, a panel on a nearby wall opened up, revealing a tube that dropped an extra small chip into a small bowl below it. Turning her body to grab the chip, Samus took it into her hands to get a closer look. Inspecting the small thing it seemed to be exceptionally plain, resembling a game cartridge or a memory card of some sort. The most interesting feature was that it seemed to be smaller than the other upgrades she had seen on the monitor, based on the name she expected it to be taller, like a stack would, but it was just generally smaller overall. Pushing her pony-tail back she placed the chip in the slot on the back of her neck and pushed it inside of her, satisfying *CLICK* noise following.

Despite being inserted directly into her spine she felt no pain at all, but that could be because of how small it was. In an instant she felt the chip spread a slight warmth throughout her body, giving her an overall tingling feeling as the upgrade infused itself into her body. Despite feeling that weird "tingly" feeling, nothing happened.

"What gives?" Samus said, wondering why nothing about her changed. She waited a couple more seconds, still nothing. She waited a minute, still nothing. But she definitely did feel something was off. Samus walked over to the mirror to view herself, completely shocked by what she saw. "...What?"

In the mirror Samus saw herself, except, about a head shorter. The mirror appeared to have gotten higher on the wall, or the entire room had gotten bigger. "I can't be smaller.... this doesn't make any sense, the room itself must have gotten bigger!" Samus said, walking over to the monitor. Even the screen seemed to be much bigger, even bigger than the mirror looked seconds ago. She couldn't have gotten smaller, she felt exactly the same, her Zero Suit hadn't changed either. The upgrade must have messed with her sense of size, right?

Until she went back to the panel that dispensed her upgrade. When she took the upgrade from the bowl, she had to reach down. Now, she was reaching up. "Shit..." Samus said, quickly becoming concerned with her situation. She ran back to the mirror as fast as her short legs could take her, shocked to see she had only grown smaller once again, the tingly feeling had already left her body. Looking at herself in the mirror she saw how short she became, she was easily about 4'8.

Despite being 5ish feet tall she still had the same proportions, Samus' body itself appeared to have condensed down, her breasts and butt remaining the same size but seeming much bigger in comparison to her smaller frame. Her thighs were constantly rubbing together and her boobs couldn't be contained by her small hands. Even the hair on her head looked longer, ponytail easily taking up half of her body. She was absolutely tiny, "There is absolutely no possible way this upgrade could help me in combat..." she said to herself. "Computer, what is the function of the Shortstack Upgrade?"

The AIs screen blinked to life, with her new height Samus now had to look up to see it. "PROCESSING... the Shortstack Upgrade. Developed to allow larger aliens to live comfortably among smaller civilizations. Also given to those who suffered from certain height-based diseases or growths and used by thieves to sneak into small spaces. This version of the Shortstack Upgrade was created based on a modified version uploaded to my resource network, it could have many unforeseen alterations and complications, but as its height based it should be mostly safe."

Samus had mixed feelings. She looked like an imp or a goblin, still as attractive as before but much shorter and condensed, giving her a much curvier, slightly wider appearance. Thinking it back, in combat she'd be much harder to hit and she could easily sneak and crawl into places without even uses her morph ball. She wasn't entirely less mobile, but it would be hard to jump and run quickly. She didn't know entirely how she felt about the changes, or if she should take the chip out or not.

What does she do next? How does she feel about the upgrade?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)