More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by c1ph4r c1ph4r

Where does Erica work?

The department store.

Originally posted to Writing.com - Erica's Great Adventure; ID#2077963 on 12-22-15 - 3:01am

Erica had hit the jackpot, in her opinion. Due to her circumstances, it would have been preferable to work somewhere that sold clothing and allowed their employees some form of discount. The local department store ticked off both boxes.

She parked her car and walked in through the entrance. As she walked by the cash registers, she wondered when the large, clunky, and slow devices would be upgraded. They couldn't have been purchased within the previous decade. Most of the technology at the store was like that. Potentially acquired in the 1980's and maintained just enough to continue working. Like the time-punch machine.

Having reached the back of the store, Erica searched for her time-card to punch. Not for the first time, she wondered why her hours could not be tracked electronically like the employees of the McDonald's at the front of the store. All they had to do was swipe their ID badge, which doubled as their name tag. The fast food establishment, however, simply leased their part of the store and provided their own equipment.

Erica found her time-card, and fed the paper into the machine. After hearing the tell-tale clunk, she retrieved her time-card, now marked with a time-stamp. Then she headed onto the floor to begin her shift.

© Copyright c1ph4r (UN: c1ph4r at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)