More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by PervertedDM PervertedDM

The Adventure Begins

Session 1: The Goblin Camp

The village of Linwood had suffered under the predations of goblin bandits for weeks now. They attacked anyone traveling on the road, the already infrequent trade in the area. With the ruling lord unconcerned about a few goblins making problems for an out of the way village, it had become clear that if the people of Linwood wanted to do away with these ruffians, they would have to do it themselves.

It was with this mentality that Edmond chose to venture out into the forest, sword at his side and bow in hand, searching for the goblin’s camp.

Edmond may not have been the strongest or the most skilled of fighters in Linwood, but he knew the forest better than anyone. His father had been a hunter by trade, and when he had died, Edmond took up his father’s bow to keep his family afloat. Edmond was confident in his ability with a bow, and he was even more confident in his ability to track the goblins back to their camp.

He already had suspicions as to where they were staying. There was a cave in the area, a cavity in the sheer face of a rocky hill from which a creak flowed like drool out of an open maw. It had been a wolf den up until the wolves were hunted down after one came too close to the village and attacked a girl at the edge of the woods. Now it was vacant, and the perfect place for goblins to hide.

And if the scattering of goblin tracks in the area were anything to go by, Edmond’s guess was right. Now he just needed to make his approach.

Pulling his dark green hood over his head of wheat blonde hair, Edmond was quiet as he followed the tracks. Trees became more spaced apart as flat ground gave way to more hilly terrain, and a familiar creek burbled between outcroppings of earth.

Edmond kept his eyes on a swivel, looking around the area, well aware that there were many places that a goblin look out could be hiding. If he didn’t want to walk into an ambush, he would have to keep his eyes peeled and his head down.


Roll for Outcome:
Stealth: A roll of 5 or higher is needed to succeed
Perception: A roll of 12 or higher is needed to succeed

Outcome

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)