More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Groffin Groffin

What's next?

Screwup with her Semblence

Pyrrha gave a grunt as she blocked the mechanical arm coming down towards her head.

For reasons she hadn’t kept up with, the Atlesian military had as a gesture of goodwill sent Beacon a number of outmoded combat robots which had been relegated as training dummies for the students. Pyrrha had thought that they would be decent fodder to practice her polarity Semblance, and had taken a few drones to an outdoor practice ring to train alone with. But these drones were made of some alloy that she was having supreme difficulty in magnetizing, and they were slowly but surely beating her back.

The faculty did say that the robots were all outfitted with Aura sensors and reprogrammed to go on standby if their opponents’ shields went below sustainable thresholds, but Pyrrha didn’t want to be the first to test that function, nor did she care to admit defeat to a bunch of rust-buckets.

Ducking under another swipe and leaping backwards, she re-squared her stance as the two bulky androids started to walk towards her. Gritting her teeth, she dug deep and channeled as much energy as she could into her Semblenance. She could feel the two robots finally shaking and seizing up under the power of her polarity-manipulation, but unbeknownst to her, her armor was also caught in the effect.

With a great heave, she gestured forward and the two Android were blown back and over the cliff to fall into the forest. Pyrrha sighed and walked to the edge to watch the fall. She felt chagrined in overestimating her abilities so much, but it had been an enlightening experience on what her limits where and how she had to watch out for certain metals.

But as she stood peering down the clifface, she felt the wind rushing up from the valley that seemed to sweep directly against her skin. Perturbed, she moved her gaze to her own body, and made a distressing discovery.

How bad is the damage to her clothing?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)