More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by rabbitjack rabbitjack

What's Next?

Scheming Meeting

"Thank you for your assistance. The ritual has concluded. You'll receive my reports through the agreed-upon format as the situation progresses." Bazett addresses the other figures, no doubt magi who had gathered to help donate prana or observe the ritual. The idea of a bunch of old geezers poking and prodding into your business is unattractive, but it seems you won't have to put your foot down after all. "I've got a private room set up just through here." Your Master continues, turning back to you. "We have some things to talk about, away from prying ears." You lean into her personal space enough to be forward and grin suggestively. "You move quick, Master! Not that I'm complaining, mind you..." You're already starting to get a feel for her boundaries. Sure enough, she makes a slight noise and flushes again, and then there's the uppercut out of nowhere!

Even among Heroic Spirits, you're proud of your speed and reflexes. Still, you can tell that Bazett has her own pride to consider, and only pull back enough to take some of the sting out of the blow as her fist shudders your jaw. Even then, its a good hit. She turns on her heel and stalks out of the room and you trail behind with a happy grin while rubbing your face. Yes, there is definitely something to work with here!

She leads you to a room heavily warded against intrusion or scrying and motions for you to take one of the comfortable seats. She closes the door then moves to a refrigerator, tossing a cold beer to you and taking another herself. You catch it without looking as you covertly add your own little runes here and there with a minor effort of will, then inspect the offering with more interest. Then, realizing that you have no idea if the brew is good or not from a label the Grail unhelpfully does not give you information on, you simply pop off the cap and clink the bottle against Bazett's before taking a long draft. She matches you with a slight smirk, draining half the bottle in one long pull.

"Phaaaa!" You finish close together. You take another closer inspection of the bottle's label and commit it to memory. "Not bad!" You give voice to your approval before moving on. "Now, what did you have in mind?" She considers you seriously for a long thoughtful moment before answering with the air of someone casting everything on a roll of the dice. "Before that, I'd like to know what your wish is for the Grail." She answers evasively, fully in her role as a senior magus now. Well, that's slightly rude, but its not like you have much to hide.

"A wish for the Grail... I don't really have something like that." You answer simply, looking away and scratching your chin thoughtfully. "I'm just looking to have a good time. Pretty girls, hard fights... maybe a little fishing. I'm a man of simple tastes. I'll leave all those heavy thoughts and feelings for the old kings and philosophers. I'm more of a man of action!" You slide your gaze back to her face, watching her reaction shift to one of concealed relief. "Well, I can promise you some good fights anyway. We've got a big job ahead of us." She answers, warming to the subject. "During the last Grail War, one of our best magi took part as a Master. From what we've been able to discover, he should have won, but decided to turn his Servant against the Grail at the last minute. Believe me, he was the kind of person who would do whatever it took to win. Turning his back on the contest could only mean that he decided that making his Wish would be more harmful than not making it. The Mage's Association has decided, after a bunch of old-man grumbling and arguing, that the entire process is flawed and needs to be dismantled."

She waves her beer bottle around in a circle vaguely. "Now, obviously the other participants will have a problem with this, so your job is to keep them off of me while I poke around and figure out what's wrong and how to fix it." She has a smirk like a cat, lazy and predatory at the same time. "So go wild, Lancer. Strike the others down with your spear, or confound them with your magic. Appeal to their higher natures or seduce them to our side. This is your role in the War. Will you accept?"

Your Answer?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)