More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LizardGod LizardGod

So Who Are You

Sally Cross, 20

When anyone asks you what you do for fun you tell them you enjoy urban exploring. The phrase “Urban Explorer” has been a godsend for you, after all it makes what you actually do. Namely trespassing with a side of breaking and entering that is more often than not garnished with some spicy theft, sound a hell of a lot more civilised.

Of course the police don’t see it that way but your lithe dancer's body, good ear and better eye has meant you have never had to test it out on them.

So when you spotted the curling flyer for a Fun House nearby it stirred up memories of a place that had been shut down a decade ago. Thinking back to your childhood memories of the place you recalled a hell of a lot of bright lights. Bright lights mean wiring, wiring means copper, copper mean you can make a little bit of spending money for the weekend.

So it was that you found yourself climbing over the subsiding fence surrounding the old run down Fun House. The doors had rotted away years ago and the same could be said for much of the facade of the building. Moss and mold had overtaken the once gaudy signage that invited you to visit the wondrous Mirror Maze!

Inside it didn’t take you long to figure out that the place had been stripped clean long ago. What wiring that had not been ripped out was so tiny as to not be worth the effort. Even the tracks for the Ghost Train had been removed.

Dejected you decide to have a look in the Mirror Maze, after all you could maybe sell the mirrors to someone.

That idea dies as well as you catch sight of what is left of the maze, someone must have wanted a hell of a lot of bad luck, as damn nearly every mirror has been smashed. You have to admit to liking the effect the sea of glittering shards gives as you walk across the room to the three mirrors that are still left standing.

You spend some times walking around them, trying to figure out exactly how you could pry them free. Eventually your path takes you between them and suddenly.

You are walking on grass, a the glare of the sun dazzles you for a second as you stagger to keep your footing.

When you get your sight back you look around, seeing only a pair of trees and beyond them the rolling hills of a public park.

....What?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)