More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CaptainKitty CaptainKitty

Which Item of Power, feel free to add your own as there are an infinate number..

Reality Roulette

It sat in the corner of the magic shop, unassuming and worn. The machine was an old one-armed bandit, a lever at one side spinning three wheels. It was worn and old enough to be made of polished wood, the reels ivory, the lever a faded and tarnished brass. But to the more astute observer, the etchings told a stranger story. 'REALITY ROULETTE'. Above each of the three wheels were the labels 'BODY', 'MIND' and 'WORLD'. There wasn't icons on the wheels, oddly enough, the material semi-opaque like a swirling crystal ball.

There was no explanation forthcoming, but to the learned, it wouldn't be shocking for them to know this machine was ancient and dangerous, appearing and disappearing from random shops and markets seemingly at random. It did what it said on the tin: it sent the user to another reality, with wholly random alternate traits. But predominantly, it would change three traits above all else, and that was what a pull of the lever would show: a change to the user's body, a change to the user's mind or personality, and a change to the world overall, often one which would further compel the user.

So what unfortunate shmuck is lured in by the reality roulette?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)