More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by DosEsh DosEsh

What do you see looking back at you?

Quick guidelines for authors

Hey there! If you've decided to write in this story, could you please peruse the following?

Could you please make sure, when you start a branch, that your first chapter that comes off of someone else's chapter is set up as

*Chapter Name* (Your Name)

so readers can follow one author more easily.

(Now public, you can ignore this paragraph) Once you have at least 3 chapters and 1 sex scene of some kind, I'll approve your chapters and when I remember add you to the authors list so you can add your own stuff in future. This is to help prevent bloat from one chapter spin offs that don't go anywhere. If you only want to add a single chapter to another, existing storyline, please message me and the author of the storyline when you have your chapter ready and we'll see (end of publification update)

Mechanics (Feel free to edit, after all that game has just had a major update!)

Character Sheets:

Level and Name, species
subtypes (Human/Monster, Race, (Active or inactive for avatars, NPC for npcs), explicit for sexable things)
Xp
Attributes
Strength Dexterity Endurance
Charisma Manipulation Appearance
Perception Intelligence Wits
Skills (I mostly just use the skills from the Exalted RPG)
Feats

Attributes grow indefinitely, skills grow to a cap at 100. Attributes of 20 are common human average and are the minimums you would expect to see on an adventurer – reading requires int of 20, holding tools successfully requires a dex of 20, etc. 10 is what you would expect most sentient things to have at minimum

The formula I've used for EXP gain is to level up you need (Current Level)x100 xp to level, and gain it when you defeat someone at (Their Level – Your Level)x10 + 100. This does mean that it's faster to level with a bunch of things your level than trying to take on one thing much beyond your level. Maybe that's what the developers wanted?

World Stuff (I'm not picky about this, it's just the rules I'm following for my branch)

The gods names are just the developers names backwards, but that's for the major gods. Minor gods might exist.

Magic items are plentiful, but vary massively in effect.

When a player logs off, their avatar stays active in the world and can come to harm, be captured, etc. Usually, they will simply attempt to make camp or return to a safe space, but they are just as sentient as the monsters are and often act in accordance with any 'personality feats' they were given.

There is a premium currency that players can use to buy things, but no premium only items and most people don't bother

Beyond all that, go nuts! (Also worth thinking about - if you want to vary from these wildly, there's nothing stopping you from making your own story. That's exactly why this is separate to my inspiration)

Got it?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)