More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 10 by NeedAMedic NeedAMedic

Watch Fuu try to track down information, or see Emmaline start to enjoy the party?

Emmaline overhears a rumor

Things were going about as well as Emmaline might have hoped. While she hadn't initially been planning on going off to enjoy the party on her own, now that she was split off from the rest of the group, the thought of being able to sample some of the finer things this manor had to offer was starting to look rather appealing. She moved about with her ears open, however, and it wasn't long before the name 'Beaumanoir' floated past her ears, part of a passing conversation.

Emmaline perked up. If someone knew she was here, then she would need to behave differently, not necessarily hiding herself, but at least presenting as who she truly was.

"Yes, the one who's older sister ran off, who still refuses to get married!" Emmaline casually walked closer to the speaker-a woman with a larger bust even than Emmaline herself and dyed blue hair. "I can hardly believe it myself-- I would have thought that little Caroline would be off at home, trying to clean up that mess of a family rather than flying off to a party countries away, even if Dieudonne does throw the best balls I've ever heard of."

Caroline. Emmaline frowned. She couldn't be certain, but if her sister was truly in attendance then she would need to be certain to stay out of Caroline's way. An encounter with her here could be disasterous for either of them, and although a part of her longed to see her little sister again, Emmaline really didn't want to get her wrapped up in all this.

That would make her quest for information much more difficult, however. If she stuck to the shadows she wouldn't be able to speak to as many other guests, and would have a difficult time learning anything at all about the Diadem. Of course, if she came forward and played the social butterfly, she could potentially be risking her sister's innocence, or even her life.

Does Emmaline join the crowd, or is she more subtle?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)