More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Doobler Doobler

What power do you wish to explore?

Point Transfer

Point Transfer

How it works: Everyone who’s played a Gacha game has that one currency that always seems to stack itself up more than the others, but which never really buys anything good from the shops. The kind that can’t get you extra max rolls of whatever you’re whaling for, that just grows and grows while being useless.

Or perhaps it’s something more substantial, where an online store lists your address as their returns department as a scam to offload faulty products. The kind you can’t just put in the trash cause of “hazmat” concerns.

Either way, wouldn’t it be nice to take all those useless “points”, and just exchange them for something you actually need?

For those who use “Point Transfer”, it’s possible. Essentially, what it allows is the perfect exchange of a large amount of “trash” or “unwanted” things for a smaller bunch of “good” or “wanted” things. For example, a large amount of Monopoly money could be converted into a certain amount of real money.

In some cases, they might get special trades because of the sheer amount that they give to the ability. Consider boxes and boxes of useless common trading cards that could be swapped for a deck of special cards that have unique magical powers. The sky’s the limit, as long as you have fuel to shovel into the machine.

Limitations: This ability has weaknesses, of course. Most exchanges are highly skewed, with large amounts of resources necessary to make even one or two good trades. Think of it like “quality” is a numerical value, and you’re accumulating and condensing it. And some of the “x-factor” that makes the resulting bounty better is lost along the way, in a scathing denial of the third law of thermodynamics.

Not only that, but the parts you exchange need to be things you personally own, otherwise your transfer will be invalid. For people with large amounts of trash coming into their possession constantly, it’s not a problem. But a user will need to have bulk that they can comfortably get rid of with no regrets, otherwise the ability itself becomes useless to them.

Variants

Machine-Crafted: The transfer is done by literally pouring the input into a machine that chews it up and spits out a typed-in output at whatever rate it can manage. Luckily it seems to be powered by perverted desires.

Exchange Rates: Limited to currencies of all types, it can turn fake numbers into marginally less fake numbers. Video game money turning into real money, or video game stat boosts, or real stat boosts. If you have the coin, there’s nothing you can’t buy.

Transmutation Ritual: Simply pile the materials into the center of a drawn circle, think of your desired result, clap your hands, and you’ll have it. Just wait for the flash of light that the spell burned into your retinas to fade in a few seconds, and you’ll be turning those seventy-six mannequins into a girlfriend in no time.

Reverse Point Technique: If you want, some versions of this ability can act in reverse. That means letting you turn a glittering diamond into a pile of cubic zirconium. Or coal. Either way, you’re probably gonna wanna make the choice to turn it back, but it’s gonna cost more the second and third time.

Upper Limit: A few unfortunate souls have a limit as to how many bags of trash they can inexplicably turn into groceries in one sitting. Maybe the machine has a specific sized chamber, or their circle only has so much room, either way you can’t make a swap too big. Doesn’t mean you can’t swap the resulting materials afterwards.

One-Way Ticket: Unless you have this variant, in which case I hope you have “Reverse Point Technique”, cause you’re not gonna get another try at improving your stuff otherwise.

But who’d have a power like “Point Transfer” anyways? What version would they use? And why?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)