More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by lightsky lightsky

Where does your journey begin?

On the scorching suns of Tatooine

Tatooine was a planet.

That was about all that most could say when describing that desolate field - though some were open to calling it "an endless desert" and "a boring expanse." The people that lived there weren't all that interesting either; sure, there were the traders and smugglers that occasionally found their way onto the world that gave it some much needed character, insane hermits, and the like. There were even dangerous species like the Sandpeople and womprats that preyed on those that left the path paved for them. As a whole, however, Tatooine had to be one of the most tired and pointless planets out there in that vast galaxy.

That was how Luke Skywalker saw it, at least.

Luke Skywalker was a young and lonely man. Though he was nineteen years old and fresh out of school, he still lived with his aunt and uncle maintain the moisture farm. The Lars homestead was a good and solid home for any kid, for that Luke was grateful, but his eyes were always up in the stars. Surely there had to be more out there than just a bunch of people bundled in scraps of cloth, worlds that had more to offer than just a sea of yellow, ground that was more than sand. He imagined all of these illustrious planets inside his moppy-haired head, much to the chagrin of his uncle.

He was looked at with disgust by so many there, though he never understood why. Despite his age, he had never so much as kissed an individual, let alone have sex. It was quite frustrating as the years went on, watching his friends find partners, forming relationships and families, as he seemed to waste away at home - stuck. Nothing about this life was fair to him. There had to be adventure out there somewhere.

"I'm never gonna get out of here," Luke often reminded himself, kicking dirt and spitting with venom into the scorched earth.

This was his reality - it was never going to change, no matter how much he dreamed. The youth often ended his days looking out over the homestead, watching the two suns fade into night, waiting for a chance to look out at the stars and universe above.

Little did young Luke know that his life was about to change forever, as an escape pod flew down to the nearby sands after a space battle from above.

Where does Luke's journey take place on Tatooine?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)