More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Middaywisher Middaywisher

What's next?

On the airship ride to Beacon

The airship ride to Beacon had been one of the most wondrous, albeit it slightly nerve-wracking, experiences Ruby ever had. She had been bouncing around with glee and excitement, peering through the windows to see all she could, and generally just loving the whole experience. Or, at least, she was until Vomit Boy ended up ruining it by covering her from head to toe. Fortunately, the airship had a couple small, private bathrooms for her to try to clean herself and her clothes. They weren’t anything special. Over all, it was your standard bathroom with a toilet, a sink, a mirror, a shelf and thankfully a lockable door. Though, it did have a porthole-shaped window midway up the wall opposite the door as well, for one reason or another.

“That was soo gross,” Ruby sighed, her shoulders slouched, standing in front of the sink. “It’s not even my first day yet and stuff is already going wrong…” She bent over and splashed her face with some water, and when she rose, she perked right up. “Enough of that!” She said, standing strong and clenching her fist. “I’m going to Beacon now, I’m going to be a Huntress – and no amount of vomit is going to stop me!” A smile lit up her face as she made her declaration.

Immediately following it, the young Huntress-to-be peered out the window, seeing a beautiful field of clouds, a reminder of just how high up they were. “All right, time to finish up and get back to Yang,” Ruby said, turning back to the mirror. She blushed at the sight that stared back. In the mirror stood a very naked Ruby Rose with little beads up water trailing down her body. Vomit Boy had somehow managed to do a good enough job coating her that to clean it all up she had to strip naked. Thankfully, she did succeed in cleaning every bit of puke off her clothes, which now sat folded up in two piles (her outerwear and her underwear) on the shelf above Crescent Rose and her cloak, and they didn’t even smell bad because of it! She stuck her nose to each item of clothing she cleaned just to be sure of that. Of course, they were still a tad damp, but they weren’t smelly, and that was what mattered. After all, first impressions were important, and she wasn’t going to let herself be known as the “smelly new girl.” She was going to have enough attention on her without any help for being one of the youngest people ever admitted to Beacon. Looking into the mirror, Ruby inspected her hair for what felt like the third time to her. It seemed like each time she checked the mirror she found a spot of her hair that she missed rinsing out that Vomit Boy didn’t. “I’ll do it one more time, and then I’ll get dressed,” Ruby told herself. Her arms resting on either side of the sink. It felt so awkward and embarrassing to be naked in the airship’s bathroom, where just on the other side of the door were dozens of people, people she didn’t know, people she could potentially have classes with. It made her all the happier that the door had a lock and she wouldn’t have to worry about anyone seeing her like this. With that thought in mind, she dipped her head under the faucet, closed her eyes and turned it on.

Water cascaded all over Ruby’s head, running down her face and filling her ears with its sound. She rubbed her hands through her hair, trying to make sure she rinsed every spot. For a second, she thought she heard a quiet click through the sound of the sink, but she dismissed it. Or she did, until she thought she heard the sound of the bathroom’s door closing. Startled, Ruby’s head shot up, bumping into the faucet. Ignoring the light pain in the back of her head, she pulled it up and moved to cover everything important with her hands. She fought to open her eyes as the flood of water ran over them. As her vision cleared, she didn’t spy anyone else in the room with her. “Did… did someone open the door?” Ruby squeaked. “I thought It was locked… That – that means someone saw me naked!” Her face flushed red. “I need to get dressed now!” Panicking, Ruby turned to the shelf with her clothes only to find…

What does she find?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)