More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by bricktamland bricktamland

What job does Megan have for Elizabeth?

On second thought, I'll just give you the money.

Elizabeth didn't have to think twice to an offer like that. She gladly took the money. Megan's one condition was easy enough, "Look, sometimes I might need some help for whatever reason. I don't know what, but can I count on you for a few favors?"

"Yeah, sure sis, what are big sisters for?" Elizabeth quipped. They hugged and chatted for a while longer, much more happily this time.

******

Days later, Elizabeth reached for her B.I.M.B.O. phone as it buzzed three times in quick succession on her counter. She squinted at the screen, trying to read the text. The phone itself was fine, if a bit small. The screen was hard to read, and seemed to glitch a lot, showing random images that Elizabeth couldn't ever quite catch.

Can you go get me some copy paper?

"Everything ok, honey?" Her husband asked from across the room.

"yeah, everything's fine. Megan needs me to run get her something from the store."

"Oh?"

"Yep," Elizabeth put the phone in her purse and kissed her husband goodbye. "I'll be back soon, I just need to get her some copy paper. Love you."

"No problem. Oh and honey? I installed keyless locks now, they're activated by your finger prints. Just make sure you keep your hands clean!" Jeff called out jokingly as she waved bye from the door.

This was the second time her sister had asked her to bring her something trivial from the store, but Elizabeth didn't mind it. A small price to pay for keeping them afloat until Jeff found a job.

She bought the paper and arrived at Megan's house when her phone buzzed again. The vibrating was a slightly different cadence than the other text, one short buzz and a long one. She felt like she knew what the text was going to say before she even read it.

Stay at the house please. My co-worker Kelly is coming by to get some other documents I left at the house.

She sighed inwardly, this could be a while. Elizabeth let her self in with the spare key, set the copy paper down on the counter and slumped on the couch.

The doorbell rang and Elizabeth went to answer it.

Who does she say she is?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)