More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by bricktamland bricktamland

Who does she say she is?

"Hi, I'm uh.... Betty, Megan's new temp"

Kelly smiled, "Oh, got it. I didn't realize Ms. Hastings had hired a temp. Good that you're here though, they need the help."

"Yes, today was my first day. I'm trying to learn the ropes still." Elizabeth replied.

"Well good luck, she can be really demanding. I just came down to get some files for her for the next meeting. Do you know where they are?" Kelly asked.

"Yeah, they're right on Meg- I mean, Ms. Hastings' desk." Elizabeth blurted.

Kelly thanked her, and went to grab the files. A few minutes later she was gone, and Elizabeth was back by herself in the office.

Five minutes later, she got a text. "Thanks Liz! Kelly mentioned my new temp 'betty' was really nice. haha! Good choice!"

Elizabeth texted back "You're welcome MS HASTINGS, lol ;-P" She giggled and set the phone down. It almost seemed like she could hear some kind of white noise coming from the phone, but she dismissed it out of hand.

Later that day, Megan came back to the office, arms full of files. She set them down on Elizabeth's desk in a heap.

"What are these?" Elizabeth asked, a bit shocked at how her sister had dumped them on to her desk.

"Files from the meetings today. I need you to put them where they go in our cabinets. I'll show you how it works for the first few, then I'll expect you to do it yourself from then on. Got it?" Megan asked.

"Yeah, I guess so."

While they were filing, Megan spoke up, "Hey, that was good today with the Betty thing. But the team is coming back from the Europe branch next week, and you're going to have to get practiced at keeping that cover as long as you're working here. I think it would be best if, just while we're at work, for you to always call me 'Ms Hastings.' I'll just start calling you Betty, so we can get used to it."

Elizabeth could tell it wasn't completely a request, but she didn't see a reason to argue. If her younger sister needed her to pretend, she could pretend. "Yeah, that's fine I guess. I wasn't thinking really, it just came out."

"Well it suits you. Oh," Megan stopped. "That reminds me. You are dressed like an executive, not a temp worker. Kelly didn't mention anything, but I know she noticed. You need to make sure you are dressing more like a temp and less like a CEO, got it?"

Elizabeth felt the command in her little sister's voice. Normally, she'd bite back with some retort, but for whatever reason, she kept her mouth shut. We need the money, she reminded herself.

"Let me think about it?" She asked.

"Fine, but by next week, we need your cover solid."

That weekend....

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)