More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Mister2814 Mister2814

What type of world does the story take place?

Note to Authors

This story is open to the public. Meaning anybody can add a chapter. This story can also take place in a variety of different universes. As you can see, there are three different categories: Real World, Fictional World, & Other.

The Real World category would be, obviously, have the story take place in our world. A world where a magic genie would definitely stand out. There’s nothing super special about the world, that is until the main character gets their genie & starts making wishes. Then how different the world looks will be entirely up to you.

The next category is the Fictional World category. I feel like this should be fairly obvious. If you would like Samira’s lamp to be in a an already existing fictional universe, such as a video game, a movie, a comic, etc., this is where you would add chapters. You either have an already existing character find the lamp & use it or a completely original character you will create for that fictional world. I would just ask that you label them, in some way, as “original character.”

The last category of Other is a bit of an interesting one. This is kind of where you can have the most free reign, theoretically. If you would like to set it in a fantasy world filled with elves, fairies, witches, etc., you can. If you would like to set it in a science fiction world filled with many types of aliens, robots, etc. you can. You can even go the route that the world the story takes place in a “normal” world similar to our own, but with one or two key differences. Perhaps the gender ratio is off and one gender makes up 3/4 of the population due to some virus or other apocalyptic event.

As Samira is essentially the “Queen of the Genies,” her power is essentially limitless. So, again, that’s another thing you can go crazy with. But not too crazy. Let’s please try to abide by the guidelines of CHYOA.

Also, I added the option to customize names mostly because of video games where the main character is customizable or where their real name is never stated. But, if you would like to utilize that in non-video game related stories, feel free.

One last thing, if you would like to add images to your chapters, feel free to do so. They are appreciated, but not required.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)