More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by syncmaster69 syncmaster69

Which thread to read?

My Blue-Eyed Boy

Narrator:

Hello there, so nice to meet you.

Since you're reading this, I guess you want to hear the story about the love of my life. I could just tell you how we fell in love but you would be missing out on so many things. So many stories.

You see, we go through our lives, day in and day out, one day blurring into the next. But sometimes... sometimes there are decisions and events that echo through time, that impact our lives in ways we would never suspect at the time. I know... I know what you're thinking ' You can't be serious? You're telling me that eating a Hamburger is going to change my life?' Well probably not. BUT what about the decision to eat that hamburger, do you go to Alfred's, The Captains Cove? McGinn's? Or do change your mind and go to Luigi? Maybe you meet that someone special? Maybe you miss out on that someone?

Even if the decision we make is our free will, we cannot deny that our past play a heavy role in what we do and how we face things, and if so... then I have to ask, what about destiny? Do we have a destiny, a mission in life? Something we are supposed to do? Someone we are supposed to be? Maybe, but I don't think so. Maybe it's an event? Something that will happen no matter what our choices in life are, something like a trip to a cabin by the lake, and we just have to do the best we can.

Who knows? I used to think we had complete free will, I still do, but now I am not so sure.

You see a few month ago I was going through some old pictures with my mother, some friends and family when we can across the class picture from pre-school, it was really more like a daycare where we would spend time playing while our parents worked. I was just 2 years old, maybe 3. There we were, the whole gang. None of us had realized it until right then, and our parents took it all for granted then, but for that one year we all went to the same place, the whole gang. We wouldn't be all together again until high school.

"OH you are not going to believe this!" my mom exclaimed. "I almost forgot about it."

"What was it?" I asked her.

"Just a funny conversation we had that day driving home that day. It only came up that one time but now I that I remember it... it seems like it was just yesterday." she said.

"Well don't keep us guessing. Spit it out." one of the moms said.

========================================

Year 2003

ME: ramblings in the back seat on the way home... "and I am going to wear a white dress, and it's going to be a long white dress, a very long white dress, and with lots and lots of flowers, well not real flower but flowers in the dress, and I'm going to were that round thing on my head with lots of flowers, and all the girls are going to wear pink and all the boys are going to wear blue because girls wear pink and boys wear blue but I'm not going to wear pink, I am going to wear white because the bride is the only one that can wear white at the wedding."

MOTHER: "OH, so you're going to get married?"

ME: "Yes. I am going to get married and I am going to have a lot of babies and you are going to take care of them for me because I have to work just like you do but when I have my babies you won't have to work because you have to take care of my babies."

MOTHER: "And do you know who are you going to marry?"

ME: " Yes! I am going to marry the Blue-Eyed Boy, but we are not going to get married now because we are too little and we still have to go to school, but when we are big and don't have to go to school then we will get married."

MOTHER: "REALLY NOW! WOW! And does this Blue-Eyed Boy know you are going to marry him?"

ME: "No, he doesn't know it, because it's a secret." I almost whispered.

My Mom says I never once mentioned it again.

====================================================

So, do you want to hear the story of my Blue-Eyed Boy and his friends? Do you know who is my Blue-Eyed Boy?

It's an interesting story. He would tell you that... No, He would insist, that the most important change in his life was The Cabin Trip. I like to think that it all started a few years earlier.

So before I tell you the story of that fateful trip to The Cabin I think I would like to take you on a short walk down memory lane. It took me a lot of work, and time, had to call in a few favors, and more than a couple of bottles of red wine to get some of the steamy details just for you but I think I finally have most of them.

The school year of 2015-2016 was a special year, not only for Him but also for all of his friends and family. I know He would disagree but I'm going to sneak in a few stories just the same. You know.... just touch the highpoints of the year for Him and a few others on the trip.

Still don't know who my Blue-Eyed Boy is? Well let me just say that He... is one of the Heroes of Azure Rocks.

************************************************************************************************

NOTE: There is a companion thread to this story. Both threads can stand on their own so read both or just one if you like. If you want to read it please head on over to the Azure Rock story by Duskford ( https://chyoa.com/chapter/Introduction.693687 ). My thread over there is:

https://chyoa.com/chapter/%28Alt-Start%29-Could-it-be-Destiny.823614

Hope you like it.

Where to start the Tale?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)