More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by G3G6 G3G6

Who is our Main Character?

Mikayla Sebastian (Female)

The pale sky continued with it's seemingly never ending rainfall. Dripping down it cascades past the Topside street into the Understreets, giving the air an unhealthy chill. People walk along, those on the topside, under umbrellas and coats. Those on the Understreets in furtive shuffles, avoiding eye contact and keeping their distance as much as possible.

Mikayla Sebastian walks along the Understreet, a long coat covering her form. It's dangerous in this area to walk alone. A beautiful girl in any time, her 22 years on the Ring haven't been the kindest. Her perky C cup breasts fill out her chest, while her round ass pushes the fabric of her pants to it's limit. She stands at an average height of 5'6". Her emerald green eyes peer out from under the hood she is wearing, a lock of raven hair spilling out down her chest.

Mika is the sector's best Tech Savant, greedy for the big dangerous jobs with big credit rewards she's always pushing herself. Losing her arm in an accident that took her parents she has a heavily modified cybernetic arm surprisingly her only enhancement despite the allure of more advantageous options.

She passes some uncouth group of men standing in an alley, as they turn to look her pace quickens unconsciously. As she walks along a small ping causes her to look at her PDA, a message from Jayce, her partner in crime.

"100 Meters, Left, the door should be locked but I'm sure you can handle it. Remember get the data and get out, if you trigger an alarm the corpo drones will be there in seconds." The text flies across the pad's holographic screen, visible only to Mika.

Ahead just as the message described is a door, plain metal, otherwise unnoticeable except for the keypad entry. Looking about there's no one in the vicinity, a perfect opportunity.

Mika cracks her knuckles. She opens a secret compartment within the wrist of her mechanical arm, unwinding its colored cords and connecting them to the door's lock. She bends her automated fingertips to her palm. Each finger linked to a number slot in the combination screened on her PDA, an attempt to match the pattern on the lock, with less risk of setting off an alarm.

After a certain few combinations, she hears a *click*.

She makes a fist and the cords instantly roll back up.

The door swings open at her touch, moving in you see the hallway is dark, lit with red tinted lights. Doors leading off at regular intervals continue as far as Mika can see.

Another ping on her PDA "Nice! Make your way to the stairs, target is on next floor up."

The hallway goes past several doors before branching onto the bottom landing of a stairwell. Cautiously Mika starts her way up, scanning the walls for concealed cameras and triggers with her robotic hand, which wires to her PDA.

As she ascends the floor seems to reverberate. Coming to the next floor's door she feels it nearly pulsing with vibration. Her scan of the door finds nothing, it seems to be a normal door, it's not even locked. Her PDA pings again.

"You remember who the target is right? You left so quick I forgot to give you the dossier."

She pauses.

"Yeah, I remember, totally . . ." Her hesitant reply. "But, why don't you give me a little reminder anyways . . . ?"

"Ugh geeze looking at that stuff is important!" Jayce's annoyance is minimal as quickly a corpo personnel file pops into Mika's PDA.

Name: Jack Tallow

Age: 25

Occupation: Data Analysis-Altech Corp.

Sex: Male

A picture of a pasty thin man occupies Mika's screen for a moment. Brown hair and a nerdy face half covered with an array of data ports, apparently for his job. Additional enhancements are almost necessary for corporate employees to be competitive, but this looks almost excessive.

"Get close to him and hook up to one of his ports, the data shouldn't be difficult for you to find." A data code is attached with the message to identify the correct files. The question of how you'll get that close to him remains unanswered, obviously the contractor trusts Mika to make it happen. They sure are paying nicely...

"Cute. And here I thought I'd be gettin' out of here in time for lunch . . ." Mika annoyingly sighs as she hits send, then cracks open the door to peep inside.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)