More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 194 by Fantasy Fantasy

What's next?

Meeting at a fancy restaurant.

Will had to take the bus to the other side of town again. This time it wasn’t to meet Cynthia at her place, but to go to a fancy restaurant. An extremely fancy restaurant. So much so that it had a dress code and Will had to rent a suit for the day.

‘I was ready to make fun of you, but you don’t look half-bad wearing that. Huh. Actually, you look pretty nice. I’m getting a little turned on.’

‘Let’s hope the guy I’m about to meet doesn’t share your tastes, then.’

‘Oh, eww, no!’

Will had to admit, he did like how he looked. The combed hair felt odd and he would’ve preferred to keep it as usual, but the clothes seemed to suit him. Then again, that was all thanks to Anna.

She went with him to rent the suit, and after trying a few, they settled for a dark blue one. He tried it on with the white shirt and the red tie, but after Anna looked him over twice over, she decided that wasn’t it. She removed the jacket and the tie and had him put on a dark blue waistcoat matching the pants. She then undid the first button of the shirt and neatly rolled up his sleeves to just above the wrist.

“There,” Anna said, grinning proudly as she looked him up and down.

“It said to wear a suit, though,” Will argued.

“Believe me, they’ll let you in. You look perfect. In fact… I think I’d like to see you in waistcoats more often.”

Will looked at himself in the mirror. “I’ll… think about it.”

So why go through all this trouble? Why pick elegant-looking clothes and take an hour-long bus ride to a ridiculously expensive, fancy restaurant? Well, he was meeting Belphegor, and the old man wouldn’t meet him anywhere else but a good restaurant for lunch. Lunch that Cynthia was paying for.

‘We need to make more money. Even I’m starting to feel ashamed of all the charity.’

‘You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you agree with me on this.’

That was a matter for later, however. Right now they had to focus. They were meeting an absurdly powerful spirit possessing the mind and body of a person. They were after his knowledge, after hints to get what Ishtar desired the most right now.

The restaurant itself was as fancy as Will had expected, or perhaps more. Tall marble walls, pillars and carvings made up a large room lit by enormous chandeliers. The tables were kept far from each other for a bit of privacy.

At the entrance, Will had been asked his name. After giving it, he was told Mr. Jack Evans was expecting him and was then guided to the table. The man did not comment on his attire, meaning it had done the trick, as Anna promised.

Belphegor was sitting by the window at a table for two. He was wearing a full, gray suit with a blue tie, drinking champagne out of a tall glass. The air around him was completely different to the vibe old Jack Evans had. Belphegor just… fit there. He looked regal and composed, even with that delighted smile as he set down his glass. It was impossible to mistake him for the real Jack Evans, which would explain why Cynthia could stomach dealing with him. Belphegor wasn’t even trying to pretend he was the person he had taken over.

“Ah, young William, welcome,” the old man said amicably. He gestured towards the seat across from him with his whole arm. “Please, take a seat. What would you like to drink?”

“A glass of water for now. With ice, please,” Will answered, looking at the waiter with a polite smile. The man bowed and left them to their business.

“Now, now, there’s no need to hold back. Enjoy the pleasures money can buy while they’re available to you.”

“We have different vices, don’t we?” Will said. “Please be assured that I indulge plenty in my own interests.”

Belphegor barked a laugh. “I see, I see! Yes, that’s good, boy. That’s good. You’re correct indeed. What does an expensive drink mean to a man surrounded by beauties of the highest caliber?”

The waiter came back rather quickly with Will’s glass of water. Will raised it in a toast. “Cheers to that.” Their glasses clicked and they both took small sips from their drinks.

“Now, I do want to speak to you, young William,” Belphegor continued. “Cynthia talks so much about you that I’ve grown more and more curious about what young Ishtar’s host is like. However, I think it’s a bit rude that said young girl isn’t coming to say hello to her mother’s old friend.”

‘You heard him. Go say hello.’

‘Ugh. I was hoping I could leave this to you.’

Still, Ishtar and Will changed places regardless. Ishtar sighed, drank some water and addressed Belphegor.

“You’re looking well, old timer,” Ishtar said.

Belphegor chuckled heartily. “I’m having the time of my life, and that’s saying something. Free of responsibilities and enjoying the comforts of this modern world… I’d say you and I are doing quite well for ourselves, don’t you think?”

“Can’t argue with that,” Ishtar admitted. “Doesn’t mean things can’t be better.”

“I’m quite comfortable where I am, but I suppose I’d like to avoid losing this. You, on the other hand, want to further improve your lot, don’t you?”

“Yes.”

“Good. You’re young, inexperienced, weak. You have plenty of room to grow yet. And that’s what you and your boyfriend want to talk about today, correct?”

“Please, Will’s not my boyfriend,” Ishtar said, waving her hand around. “If anything, he’s more like my husband.”

Belphegor barked another laugh and Ishtar grinned at feeling Will somehow inside his mind. Just the reaction she wanted.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)