More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by JimJoeBob JimJoeBob

What is Zelda's first move?

Man in the Cloak

Zelda, having no concrete memories of herself, what she was doing here, or what this place even was, started down the path to the campfire. Birds chirped and flew away as she approached and the grassy path was littered with stone steps, remnants of the past civilization that once stood here. When she could hear the fire crackle, Zelda was able to identify the figure as a man by his stature and large white beard.

"Hello," he said without turning his head, "Come and join me by the fire." Zelda did so and sat in silence next to him for a bit. A nice odor drifted into her nostrils, a baked apple sat beside them as well and freshly made too. Zelda grabbed the apple and brought it to her lips for a bite. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!!," yelled the man. The poor girl nearly dropped the apple and shivered from his quaking voice. "Ah, I'm just kidding. Please, go ahead and eat. You know, you can make many wonderful things with a campfire alone. Just set an apple next to it and wait for it to become even more delicious."

The girl ate away and fed the hunger she hadn't realized since leaving the cave. When she finished, she spoke for the first time, "Who are you?"

The man looked over to her, "I'm just a wanderer. Might I ask who you are?"

"I don't know who I am. I don't even know where we are."

"Ah, I see...Well, this is the Great Plateau. It is said to be the birthplace of the kingdom of Hyrule," the name made Zelda's brain itch. He continued after standing up and pointing out the structure behind him, "You see that temple there? It is the Temple of Time and was a proud structure, but it has sat abandoned and in decay since one hundred years ago. Maybe it will provide answers to your identity."

With that, he sat back down and started baking another apple. Zelda looked down at the fire and back at the temple and decided to do as the old man advised and venture to the Temple of Time.

What does the temple hold?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)