More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by fifal fifal

Where to Start?

Main Guild Hall

{if@ Always False = true}

Please Select Start Game!


Please Select Start Game!


Please Select Start Game!
{endif}

{if Conservatory Student == true}Maia felt so inadequate in the halls of the Conservatory, constantly worried that the rest of her class were outpacing her.
{elseif Nova School == true}Shocks and blasts echo down the halls of the Nova School. This bothers Maia as much as it bothers everyone else, which is to say, not at all. {if Age = 18 and day < 45}At least, that's how it should be. Logically she understands that the explosions aren't going away anytime soon and she needs to stop jumping. "What kind of guildhall is constantly exploding? I'm never going to get used to this"{elseif}The days of her caring about the explosions are past, although the memory of that one cold spring night in the library when nearly thirty uninterrupted minutes passed without a boom. "Now that was weird"{endif}
{elseif MV School == true}The MV Guild Hall was still confusing to Maia and she doubted she'd ever really get used to it. The doors didn't always open to the same place and would occasionally disappear completely. Rooms and people seemed to appear out of nowhere, often in impossible orientations.

Luckily for Maia it seemed that nearly everyone else experienced the same navigational uncertainty. She saw a girl step out of a doorway holding a map, frantically trying to find out where she was; then immediately turn around and march back through the same door.
{elseif Dyn School == true and Age > 18}The main hall of the Dyn School reminded Maia of her days in the Conservatory. Everything was so much simpler back then.
{elseif Dyn School == true}Maia looked around at her bustling peers, everyone had somewhere to be. It reminded her of the days before graduation, back when she was focused on her goal to make it into a top School. Now that she was here though, she wasn't quite sure what to do next.
{else}An empty void appears before Maia. Distantly, the faint buzzing of insectoid wings can be heard.
{endif}

Maia Eidola finds herself in in the {if MV School == true}MV{elseif Nova School == true}Nova{elseif Dyn School == true}Dyn{else}{endif} Guildhall. {if Age == 18}{if Day < 5}This place was still new to her, still strange. Maia wasn't quite sure if this place would ever really feel like home.{elseif Day < 25}Although she had just arrived here, it was already beginning to feel like home.{elseif Age = 18}The walls were beginning to feel comfortable, and the people less mysterious. Maia was in a place that she really belonged.{elseif Age > 18}She is home.{endif} Maia is still young at age {Age}{if Money > 100} and she is doing very for herself, holding onto ¶{Money}{elseif Money > 10}, she certainly isn't rich, but she does have ¶{Money}{elseif Money > 0} and, at the very least, isn't completely broke, having ¶{Money}{else} but is flat broke{endif}{endif}.

She sees her own reflection, her {if Eye Color ID == 0}brown{elseif Eye Color ID = 1}purple{elseif Eye Color ID = 2}royal purple{elseif Eye Color ID = 3}hazel{elseif Eye Color ID = 4}emerald{elseif Eye Color ID = 5}deep blue{elseif Eye Color ID = 6}sapphire{elseif Eye Color ID = 7}yellow{elseif Eye Color ID = 8}blue{elseif Eye Color ID = 9}sky blue{elseif Eye Color ID = 10}brown{elseif Eye Color ID = 11}jade{elseif Eye Color ID = 12}green{elseif Eye Color ID = 13}forest green{elseif Eye Color ID = 14}red{elseif Eye Color ID = 15}ruby{elseif Eye Color ID = 16}pink{elseif Eye Color ID = 17}prismatic{elseif Eye Color ID = 18}chromatic{elseif Eye Color ID = 19}rainbow{elseif Eye Color ID = 20}black{elseif Eye Color ID = 21}obsidian{elseif Eye Color ID = 22}white{elseif Eye Color ID = 23}grey{elseif Eye Color ID = 24}silver{elseif Eye Color ID = 25}gold{else@}brown{endif} eyes, her beautiful {if Hair Color ID == 0}nondescript{elseif Hair Color ID = 1}black{elseif Hair Color ID = 2}light brown{elseif Hair Color ID = 3}brown{elseif Hair Color ID = 4}red{elseif Hair Color ID = 5}sandy blonde{elseif Hair Color ID = 6}blonde{elseif Hair Color ID = 7}blue{elseif Hair Color ID = 8}white{elseif Hair Color ID = 9}purple{elseif Hair Color ID = 10}silver{elseif Hair Color ID = 11}pink{else@}nondescript{endif} {if Hair Style ID == 0}hair{elseif Hair Style ID = 1}straight hair{elseif Hair Style ID = 2}sleek hair{elseif Hair Style ID = 3}wavy hair{elseif Hair Style ID = 4}curly hair{elseif Hair Style ID = 5}pixie cut{elseif Hair Style ID = 6}princess cut{elseif Hair Style ID = 7}feathered bob{elseif Hair Style ID = 8}curls{elseif Hair Style ID = 9}locks{elseif Hair Style ID = 10}side braid{elseif Hair Style ID = 11}braid{elseif Hair Style ID = 12}braids{elseif Hair Style ID = 13}bun{elseif Hair Style ID = 14}mullet{else@}hair{endif}. She's {if Height ID == 0}average height, with above average curves{elseif Height ID = 1}short, curvy, and sure to grab the attention of anyone with a working set of eyes{elseif Height ID = 2}average height, with above average curves{elseif Height ID = 3}tall and slender, what many would consider breathtaking{else@}average height, with above average curves{endif}."Damn I look good today".

{if Day > 100} She feels her Ri calling her home, it's time to meditate.
{elseif Day > 75} The days are noticeably shorter and the leaves on the trees are beginning to change. The end of the year was fast approaching, but Maia's focus and determination refused to waver.
{elseif Day > 50} The days were long and hot, which left the temperature controlled Hall as a cool respite from the outside world.
{elseif Day > 25 } Flowers are blooming and rain is plentiful. The Hall was warm and just a bit humid, a welcome reprove from the cold mornings they recently endured. Maia's guild mates always seemed to be in a good mood this time of year.
{elseif Day <= 25} The mornings are cold and dark, chilling the entirety of the Hall. Many of Maia's guildmates are inside the main hall, most of whom wore thick, oversized clothing perfect for keeping warm and avoiding lingering gazes.
{else} A boundless void appears before Maia. Distantly, the faint buzzing of insectoid wings can be heard.
{endif}
{if Inventory1 ID > 0}Maia is holding {if Inventory1 ID == 0}Nothing{elseif Inventory1 ID = 1}The Galaxy Sword{elseif Inventory1 ID = 2}Brimstone{elseif Inventory1 ID = 3}A Golden Totem{elseif Inventory1 ID = 4}The Deed to Clydetown{elseif Inventory1 ID = 5}A Lockpick{elseif Inventory1 ID = 6}A Smoke Bomb{else@}Nothing{endif}
{else@}
{endif}

{if Inventory2 ID > 0}
Maia is holding {if Inventory2 ID == 0}Nothing{elseif Inventory2 ID = 1}The Galaxy Sword{elseif Inventory2 ID = 2}Brimstone{elseif Inventory2 ID = 3}A Golden Totem{elseif Inventory2 ID = 4}The Deed to Clydetown{elseif Inventory2 ID = 5}A Lockpick{elseif Inventory2 ID = 6}A Smoke Bomb{else@}Nothing{endif}
{endif}

{if Guildmaster Questline = 0}This really wasn't the time to get lost in her new surroundings; Maia had been summoned to meet the Master today{endif}

What should Maia do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)